This post was contributed by Carissa of Creative Green Living.
Fun Fruit Coolers Make Perfect Patriotic Kids Drink!
Make a cool summery treat for your kids that’s so tasty they’ll think they’re getting dessert but you’ll smile knowing they are getting lots of good-for-them vitamins and minerals from the fruits they are eating. Plus these fruit coolers are the perfect kids drink for your 4th of July fun!
Layered Fruit Cooler Kids Drink
To make clean up easier, I blended each color’s ingredients in their own mason jar using this technique and only needed to rinse the blade mechanism quickly between batches.
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries*
- 1 Banana
- 3/4 cup Frozen blueberries*
- 1/2 cup Milk or milk alternative of choice (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- Sugar or favorite natural sweetener if desired
*Because pesticides are easilly absorbed into the skin of delicate fruits like berries and are difficult to wash off, be sure to get organic berries when possible
1) Using one quart size jar for each color, fill jars with the ingredients as follows:
Red Jar: strawberries, 1/2 cup water, sweetener if desired
White Jar: banana broken into chunks, milk, 3-4 ice cubes
Blue Jar: blueberries, 1/2 cup water, sweetener if desired
2) To avoid color contamination, blend the contents of the white jar first, then red, then blue using this technique. Add ice as needed to make the kids drink thick and creamy.
3) To layer mixtures in serving glass, add a base layer of red mix. Tip glass to the side and slowly pour white mix on top. Keep glass tipped and slowly pour blue mix on top. Add a straw and let the kids enjoy!
Carissa of Creative Green Living started her journey to a greener lifestyle with the birth of her baby boy in 2010. She blogs at Creative Green Living about crafts, recipes, gardening, parenting and green lifestyle. She loves teaching others about how to make creative and green choices for families on a budget.
My kids love smoothies, so this fruit-filled kids drink would be perfect for our 4th of July party. And I could use the natural sweetener we prefer, too. Awesome! Thanks, Carissa!
Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays,Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op,Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds,Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up,The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.