I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample of Cascade to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Make Food Fun for Picky Eaters!
If your kids are like my picky eaters, presentation is everything! Making their meals look fun and visually appealing really helps to get them eating more and trying new (and healthy!) foods. Later I’ll tell you a bit about how Cascade helped me keep my dishes ready for their fun food. First let me share some tips for make food more appealing and fun for your picky eaters…
10 Ways to Make Food Fun for Picky Eaters
- Cut It Into Shapes – Stock up on fun shaped cookie cutters to turn standard sandwiches and meal ingredients (like the cheese in our Silly Star Pasta Salad) into shapes your child is more interested in.
- Let Them DRAW On It! – Give your picky eaters some food coloring pens and let them be creative with their food (like we did with our Star Quesadillas for Kids).
- Add Sprinkles – Colorful sprinkles (like these ones on our Kids Birthday Breakfast “Cake” made of whole grain waffles) make almost any meal more tasty and exciting to a little one!
- Add Color – Use colorful foods or even food coloring (like I did for our Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars) to add excitement to a typically boring or neutral colored snack.
- Let Them Play With It – Turn your food into a game (like our early learning number game using mini pancakes) to make food more fun and even educational.
- Let Them Create With It – Give your picky eaters some toothpicks and skewers with their food pieces so they can make fun sculptures (like Erin did when she let her kids play with food.)
- Make Animals – Use simple ingredients to present food in the shape of fun animals (like we did for our Simple Bunny Pancakes).
- Give It A Creative Name – Give the meal or snack a fun name (like this Lucky Leprechaun Green Smoothie for kids) to entice kids to try it.
- Have a Fun Taste Test – Give your picky eaters a bunch of different foods of one color or theme and let them be taste testers (like we did with our Picky Eater Taste Test Printable).
- Present It In a Muffin Tin – Fill a muffin tin with healthy and fun food (like we did in our Insect Muffin Tin Meal) to get kids to try lots of different things.
Can Cascade Platinum Help with Your Picky Eaters?
You bet! I was sent a package of Cascade© Platinum Pacs to try out in our dishwasher last week. I generally rinse and brush every dish before loading them in the dishwasher. But I was honestly surprised that with the Cascade© Platinum Pacs, I didn’t have to rinse or brush to get nice clean dishes! The new ingredients in that one little pac washed away all of the food and left my dishwasher cleaner, too. (No kidding!) So eliminating that rinse and brush step will free up time for me to be more creative with my kids food. And of course I will also be confident that my dishes will always be clean and ready for our food fun.
More Food Fun from Cascade Platinum
Cascade has partnered with Top Chef judge and Food & Wine magazine editor Gail Simmons to help you make your meals look their best. As Gail explains…
“The easiest recipes pop with unexpected, gourmet presentations. Drizzle bright sauces on sparkling white plates or layer desserts in crystal-clean glassware. Keep your presentation sparkling with Cascade Platinum, which keeps dishes perfect for anytime entertaining and impromptu guests.”
With Gail’s tips in mind, Cascade is hosting an awesome 4 week “My Platinum” Instagram contest where it awards TWO WINNERS each week with a brand new Whirlpool dishwasher and one grand prize winner with a kitchen makeover! (Yahoo!) So go check out the weekly themes, try out the “fun food for picky eaters” tips above, and share YOUR fun food photos on Instagram for a chance to win. And you can learn more about Cascade’s partnership with Gail Simmons by visiting Cascade on Facebook and Youtube.
Do you have picky eaters? How do you make food fun for them? Let us know in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways,Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase,The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cascade. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.