Around here, we love anything with chocolate and peanut butter. So I started thinking about the combination of a standard chocolate brownie mix and peanut butter and my mind started to wander to brownies with peanut butter cups. When I saw these mini Reese’s cups, I knew I had hit jackpot. Here is how we used peanut butter cups and homemade peanut butter frosting to liven up a typical chocolate brownie mix…
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with Easy Peanut Butter Frosting
- chocolate brownie mix and eggs, water, and oil that the box calls for
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 can of pre-made vanilla frosting
- 1 small jar of peanut butter
- a couple drops of vanilla
- about a 1/2 cup of milk
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Recipe:
1. Prepare the brownie mix (with the eggs, oil, and water) as indicated on the box.
2. Mix in the Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
3. Pour into a greased baking dish (the size as indicated on the brownies box).
4. Bake as directed by the brownie box recipe.
Easy Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe:
1. Combine entire can of vanilla frosting, entire jar of peanut butter, and a few drops of vanilla.
2. Add milk as needed to the frosting to thin it to your desired consistency.
Top the peanut butter cup brownies with the easy peanut butter frosting and just try not to eat more than one!
What have you and your little ones been baking lately?
I love to link up with: Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Ta-Da Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Show & Tell Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Share & Wow Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Happy Lil Hearts Are Baking, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, and Link & Learn Sunday.