This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Glaceau fruitwater®. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
The REAL Truth of Motherhood…
Before you have kids you always hear about how wonderful and magical motherhood is. Once in awhile people will talk about not getting much sleep or changing a nasty diaper, but for the most part motherhood seems all rainbows and unicorns. But when I was sent some sparkling Glaceau fruitwater® and challenged to reveal my “sparkling truths,” I knew it was time to set the record straight about this motherhood gig. So who better than to be honest about parenting than our B-Inspired Bloggers, right?! Let’s see hear these REAL moms’ “sparkling truths” about motherhood…
20 “Sparkling Truths” of Motherhood [From the Mouths of Moms]
- “Keeping kids fed is a LOT of work!” MaryAnne of Mama Smiles
- “When you have a newborn baby you are so worried about keeping things clean, sanitizing you’re hands, the bottles, the clothes… Then, flash forward to you’re kid turning 1 and eating pasta off the floor from last nights dinner and you say, ‘Eh, it’s good for the immune system!’ because over time you realize you just can’t protect them from everything and a little yuck will make them stronger in the end.” Krissy of KZ and Me
- “Despite all your work to prevent things from happening: Yes, your child will answer the front door completely naked while you are in the shower.” Sheila of Pennies of Time
- “Yes, your child will call 911 while you are otherwise occupied.” Sheila of Pennies of Time
- “Yes, your child will flood the bathroom with water because he wanted to play ‘swimming pool.'” Sheila of Pennies of Time
- “Yes, at least once, people will look at you at the grocery store like you are a crazy person. It is all part of the experience of parenthood, no matter who you are. Parenting is the great equalizer across age differences, cultures, languages, and religions. The challenges and the joys of parenting will bond together even the most unlikely of friendships.” Sheila of Pennies of Time
- “Parenting is so many things . . . exhausting, fulfilling, frustrating, joyous, scary, and totally worth all of the effort. You will have to make rules like ‘you must be fully dressed before leaving the house.’” Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!
- “Your toddler will tell you, ‘mine nipples hurt!’ (at the top of his lungs . . . in Target).” Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!
- “You will wonder what that stain on the carpet is (and be slightly afraid to find out the truth).” Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!
- “Your child will want to play Candyland at 3:00 in the morning. At the same time, there’s absolutely nothing that compares to snuggles before bed, giggles while running around outside, and hearing your kiddo say, ‘I love you!'” Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!
- “The more children you have the more your house will look like Toys R Us than Pottery Barn.” Jennifer of Plain Vanilla Mom
- “Your opinion of that mom on the bus/train/plane with the crying baby or bratty kid will be forever changed. Instead of thinking, ‘Why can’t she control her darn kids?’ you’ll be more likely to want to go sit next to her and give her a hand.” Dawn of Prickly Mom
- “Most things that you SWORE you would NEVER do as a parent you will probably end up doing at least once.” Laura of PlayDrMom
- “[You’ll find yourself] saying more times than not that the trash can is not a toy. What you throw away does not need to come back out and we don’t play with whatever is already in there. Just went through this today at a park when I asked him to throw his diaper away. He was looking in pointing, hands all over the rim!” Sarah of Little Bins for Little Hands
- “The mother’s adjustment to bathing: Showering every third day is actually good for your body!” Marnie of Carrots Are Orange
- “Your kids will tell the most inappropriate people about their penis/vagina.” Krissy of B-Inspired Mama
- “You will probably have to pick up poo out of a bathtub… or some other place you never thought of.” Laura of PlayDrMom
- “It can be very difficult to keep perspective when your child is in the middle of a difficult phase – think constant temper tantrums, refusing to potty train, rejecting all vegetables, etc. But what feels like it will last forever when you are in the midst of it is just a phase. And it, too, will pass. And then you will wonder what you were so worried about.” Katie of Gift of Curiosity
- “You have NEVER been SO frustrated and completely in love at the same time.” Laura of PlayDrMom
- “You will survive and your kids will, too…” Krissy of B-Inspired Mama
Glaceau fruitwater® is a great tasting, naturally flavored sparkling water beverage that contains no juice.
I was sent one of each of the following flavors: black raspberry + other natural flavors, orange mango flavored + other natural flavors, strawberry kiwi flavored + other natural flavors, lemon-lime flavored + other natural flavors and watermelon punch flavored + other natural flavors. And even the kids are loving the fruity taste and think they’re having “grown-up” soda.
Now that you’ve read about my “sparkling truth”, it’s time to share yours! A sparkling truth is a moment when you sparkle through unexpected challenges, brushing yourself off in a bubbly style. How do you sparkle on when life (or motherhood!) throws you a curve ball? Leave a comment on this post or jump in the conversation on social media by tagging your amplification with the hashtag, #sparklingtruth.
Visit http://fruitwater.com for more information and to help you discover your favorite sparkling truths.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Glaceau fruitwater®.
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways,Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase,The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.
Leave a Reply