Pizza’s so fun, isn’t it? It can be jazzed up with so many different types of crusts, toppings, and even shapes! Making it a kid-pleaser and perfect for any occasion.
Speaking of pizza for special occasions…
What turns a plain ol’ pizza into a Valentine’s Day Pizza?
… Well, a HEART SHAPE, of course!
Heart pizzas are becoming more and more popular as a special gift for your love on Valentine’s Day. Many pizza restaurants offer heart-shaped pizza specials so you can have one delivered to your sweetheart or pick one up as a special Valentine’s Day dinner for the kids.
But wouldn’t it be even more special if you made that heart pizza for your Valentine? Or with your kids for Valentine’s Day dinner?
It’s way easier than you think! So easy your kids can even make their own heart pizzas.
Check it out…
This post contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Heart-Shaped Chicken & Pepperoni Valentine’s Day Pizza Recipe
What’s the secret to making this EASY heart-shaped Valentine’s Day pizza?
No stretching or pulling to get sticky pizza dough into a heart shape. Ain’t no mama got time for that!
Kitchen scissors make cutting your pre-made pizza crusts into heart shapes so easy peasy. (You can try using a paring knife or rolling pizza cutter if you don’t have kitchen scissors, but it definitely won’t be as easy.)
Now, you aren’t done with those kitchen scissors yet. (I just love them!) You can also use them to cut prepared chicken tenders into little bite-sized pieces for topping your Valentine’s Day pizza.
And finally, if your little Valentines like pepperoni, use those kitchen scissors to cut some pepperoni into cute little hearts, too. (You can even fold thin pepperoni slices in half to cut out a heart shape the same way you learned to cut out hearts from paper as a kid!)
You can make these easy homemade heart pizzas as a Valentine’s Day surprise for your kids.
Or let the kiddos make their own fun Valentine’s Day pizza!
If the kids are little, you can do the cutting for them, and they can just add the toppings.
My kids sure loved making their own special Valentine’s Day Pizza. And I was happy to make memories with them at home – and save money on delivery, too!
Like this Valentine’s Day Pizza Idea? Share It & Pin It!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
Print this Heart-Shaped Valentine’s Day Pizza Recipe:
Heart-Shaped Valentine's Day Pizza Recipe
- Use kitchen scissors to cut each of the 2 (6 inch) prebaked pizza crusts into a heart shape and place on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan.
- Use a basting brush to brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on the crusts, then sprinkle them with garlic powder, to taste.
- Bake pizza crusts according to package directions, or until warmed through and lightly browned on edges.
- While crusts are prebaking, use kitchen scissors to cut 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni into heart shapes. (Pro tip: fold them to cut the heart similar to how you cut a heart from folded paper.)
- Use kitchen scissors to cut 4 fully cooked breaded chicken breast tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- When the crusts are done baking, spread an even layer of 1/4 cup pizza sauce on each one.
- Sprinkle a handful of 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on each crust.
- Add chicken pieces and pepperoni hearts, evenly spaced, to each crust.
- Bake heart pizzas according to crust package directions, or until they are heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
More Fun Valentines Day Ideas for Kids:
- Creative Kids Valentine Party Ideas
- Family Valentine Fun – Traditions the Kids Will LOVE and Remember!
- A Valentines Day Recipe for Dad: Heart-Shaped Meatloaf Muffins