Priscilla has been begging every day to help in the kitchen. She loves to help me in any way possible (putting away the dishes, setting the table, etc.), but her favorite by far is baking. We threw together some really easy baked apples the other night that turned into a delicious dessert with dinner. They’re a simple and healthy alternative to apple pie or apple crisp and require very few ingredients. Here’s how we made them:
Easy Baked Apples
- 3 apples
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 packets of Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I didn’t measure and just used a handful or so.)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Cut apples in half, remove core, and place on greased cookie sheet (I sprayed my cookie sheet with cooking spray).
- Mix together butter, oatmeal, and brown sugar.
- Scoop oatmeal mixture onto apples.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 degrees until apples are soft (approximately 30 minutes).
And once the apples were cut, Priscilla was able to do almost all of this herself. We had ours with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and they were so yummy! Enjoy!