Let me tell you one of my parenting secret weapons… fun bath activities! My kids rarely pass up a soak in the bathtub. A warm and soothing soapy bath is my go-to indoor kids’ activity to distract a cranky toddler or entertain a bored kiddo.
Let’s Talk Kids Bath Activities…
My kids have a basket full of bath toys that they love to play with, but I decided to gather up a collection of fun kids’ activities for bath time. Let’s check ’em out…
22 Fun Bathtub Activities for Kids!
- Pool Party in the Tub – Use some fun pool toys to transform your toddler’s bath time into an indoor pool party.
- Make Alphabet Soup – Let your child use bath letters and bowls to make sensory alphabet soup in the bath.
- A Bath Tub Water Wall – Use tubing to make a fun water wall right in the bathtub.
- Hatching Dinosaurs Bath Activity – Make these bath bombs ahead of time to surprise your dinosaur-loving kiddo; she won’t know what to think when she sees the dinosaurs hatch!
- LEGO Bath Bombs – Instead of dinosaurs, these homemade bath bombs dissolve to reveal LEGO Minifigures.
- Bathtub I-Spy – This bathtub I-Spy game is so easy you can use the bathtub toys and bath letters that you already have!
- Pool Noodle Play – Add pool noodles pieces to the bathtub for some fun sensory play and floating experimentation.
- Simple Watercolor Painting – It doesn’t get much easier than this; give your kid a set of washable watercolor paints and let them paint a masterpiece in the bathtub.
- Shaving Cream Kids Bath Painting – For a more sensory painting experience, make some of this shaving cream bath paint.
- Spray Paint Bubble Bath – Make up some “spray paint” to make your child’s bath time more FUN and colorful.
- Colored Ice – Freeze up some colored ice cubes to add to your toddler’s bath for some colorful sensory fun!
- Glow Water – Use a black light and just one simple ingredient to make a super fun GLOW bath!
- Glowing Bath Paint for Kids – Don’t want to make the water glow? Then make some glowing paint instead.
- Birthday Balloons – Surprise your kid with a special balloon filled bath on their Birthday!
- Sponge Sail Boats – Have your kiddo help make these sponge and duct tape boats to play with in the tub.
- Ice Fishing Bath Activity – Freeze some of your kiddo’s bath toys in a block of ice for some chilly sensory bath time fun!
- Bubble Science in the Bathtub – Let your kids explore the science of bubbles with this easy activity.
- Practice Sight Words – Have the older kids combine bath time with learning using these DIY sight word circles.
- Frog Pond Bath – With some frog toys and simple props, your little one can pretend they’re having their bath with the frogs!
- Race Car Bath Activity – Make some roads and road signs for a fun car-themed bath!
- An Ocean Oasis – Or try some ocean-themed additions to transform your child’s bath into an ocean-themed oasis.
- Abstract Art in the Tub – Make some simple foam shapes so your little one can make some abstract art in the bathtub!
Check Out our Favorite Kids Bath Toys
I’ve created a handy list of all of our favorite kids’ bath toys in the B-Inspired Mama Fun Finds for Kids Amazon Shop.