Let me tell you one of my parenting secret weapons… kids’ bath activities. My children rarely pass up some bath fun. And a warm and soothing bubble bath is the easiest indoor kids’ activity around to distract a cranky toddler or entertain your bored preschooler.
Kids Bath Activities — My Parenting Secret Weapon!
Sure, we have a basket full of kids bath toys in the tub, but those same old bath toy boats and foam letters get boring after awhile. So, I’ve gathered up a list of clever bath activity ideas for even more kids bath fun. Let’s check ’em out…
22 Fun Bath Activities for Kids of All Ages
- Bathtub Pool Party – Use some fun pool toys to transform your preschooler’s bathtime into an indoor pool party.
- Alphabet Soup Bath Game – Help you child use foam bath letters and plastic bowls to make sensory alphabet soup in the bathtub.
- DIY Bathtub Water Wall – Use clear tubing to make a fun water wall game right on the bathtub wall.
- Hatching Dinosaurs Bath Activity – Make these cute kids bath bombs with little dino toys inside to surprise your preschooler with a bathtub full of hatching dinos.
- LEGO Bath Bombs – Instead of dinosaurs, these homemade bath bombs dissolve to reveal LEGO Minifigures!
- I-Spy Bath Game – This I-Spy bath game is so easy; you can use the kids bath toys you already have.
- Pool Noodle Play – Cut some small pool noodle pieces to add to your child’s bath for some sensory and simple science fun.
- Watercolor Bathtub Painting – It doesn’t get much easier than using washable watercolor paints to paint a masterpiece right on the bathtub wall!.
- DIY Shaving Cream Bath Paint – For a more sensory painting experience, use shaving cream to make some foamy bath paint.
- Spray Paint Bubble Bath – Use everyday spray bottles to mix up some bath “spray paint” for lots of colorful bubble bath fun.
- Cool Colored Ice – Freeze up some colored ice cubes to add to your child’s bath for colorful (and coooool) sensory fun.
- Glow Water Bath – Use a black light and one everyday ingredient to make a super fun GLOW bath!
- Homemade Glowing Bath Paint – Not into glowing water? Make some glowing bath paint instead!
- Bathtub Birthday Balloons – Surprise your child with a special balloon-filled bath on their Birthday.
- DIY Sponge Sailboats – Help your kiddo make some sponge and duct tape boats for some imaginative play in the bathtub.
- Ice Fishing Bath Activity – Freeze some of your child’s bath toys in a block of ice for this neat “ice fishing” bath activity.
- Kids Bubble Bath Science – Help your child to explore the science of bubbles with this easy bath science activity.
- Bathtub Sight Words Game – Help your kiddo practice their sight words with this simple DIY bath game.
- Frog Pond Bath Time – With some frog toys and a few simple props, your toddler can pretend they’re having their bath in a frog pond!
- Race Car Bath Activity – Make some roads and signs out of craft foam for a cool car-themed bath.
- Ocean Oasis Kids Bath – Try some ocean-themed additions to transform your child’s bath into an ocean-themed oasis.
- Abstract Art in the Tub – Cut random shapes out of craft foam for your little one to create abstract art on the bathtub wall!
Our Favorite Kids Bath Toys & Supplies for Bath Time Fun
Boon PIPES Interactive Baby and Toddler Bath Tub ToysMunchkin Little Boat Train Baby and Toddler Bath ToySassy Rain Shower Bath Ball STEM Bath ToyMunchkin 10 Piece Bath CrayonsMunchkin 36 Bath Letters and NumbersRainbow Bath Bombs for Kids- Natural and Organic Bubble Bath BombsBOON Frog Pod Bath ScoopCrayola Bathtub Markers and Crayola Color Bath DropsCOGS Building Bath Toy SetHorizon Group USA 30 Rainbow Colorful Foam SheetsMunchkin Hanging Bath Toy StorageSassy Whirling Waterfall Suction Toy for BathtimeG-WACK Bathtub Water ToysBoon JELLIES Suction Cup Toddler Sensory Bath Tub Toymothermed Baby Bath ThermometerHABA Ocean Fishing Bath ToyControl The Flow Rinser by Frida BabySuction Cup SpinnersCHOMP Hungry Whale Bath Toy16” Beach Balls for Kids – 3 Pack