My Favorite Holiday Gift Guide of ALL!
I am a HUGE lover of children’s books. Always have been – even before having my kiddos. In fact, my graduate thesis was on the use of children’s books in art education. So needless to say I rarely get by a store’s children’s book section without stopping. And my husband is always rolling his eyes when I come home with more books for the kids’ bookshelves. Imagine my excitement when I discovered Usborne Books! I was so impressed with their selection of fun, imaginative, and educational children’s book that I became an independent consultant so I can share them here with you. I’ll be sharing more about my Usborne Book business here and there on B-Inspired Mama, but right now I want to share a holiday gift guide full of my favorite Usborne Books that are currently ON SALE for “Book Friday.” Check out these deals (good through Midnight EST December 1st!)…
12 Awesome Usborne Children’s Books – A Holiday Gift Guide
- Big Book of English Words – “A colorful picture word book with illustrations of around a thousand everyday words and pictures. Words are arranged by theme, providing lots to spot and talk about together. A fun way to build a child’s vocabulary, with delightful pictures to pore over.”
- The Usborne Children’s Encyclopedia – “This is a young, fun and fascinating introduction to a vast range of information – from the Earth, its plants and animals to its peoples and their discoveries. Packed with amazing facts, simple explanations and lots of humor, it provides an ideal introduction to general knowledge for young children.”
- Big Book of Things to Find & Color – “An all-in-one book packed with busy pictures with lots of hidden things to spot and color in, plus mazes, odd-ones-out and matching pairs. The perfect book to take on car, train or plane journeys, with enough puzzles and activities to last the whole trip.”
- Christmas Stories for Little Children – “A collection of six stories taken from Young Reading Series One titles ‘Stories of Snowmen’ and ‘Stories of Santa.’ Featuring stories of fake Santas, stolen diamonds and a best-dressed Snowman competition. Perfect for cozying up with and reading aloud on cold winter nights, or for beginner readers to tackle alone.”
- I Love People Activity Book – “Open this out-of-the-ordinary activity book and you’ll discover: how to be a best friend; how to make your parents happy; how to get over being shy! 120 pages of fun activities, games, prompts and musings that will show you how to love people around you — your family, your friends, and even your future friends, wherever they are!”
- Market Day Early Learning Board Book Set – “This easy-to-carry set contains four early learning board books, a pop-up market and press-out characters. They’ll want to go shopping every day at this brightest, busiest market around! Learn all about colors, shapes, opposites and numbers with the help of the charming market characters.”
- My Christmas Tree to Decorate – “Simply tie the front and back covers of this 14-page board book together, and get ready to celebrate! The two envelopes inside contain everything you need to decorate: sheets of stickers, shiny paper, and ornaments to cut out and color, plus tips for creating even more decorations for your very own tree.”
- Pelly and Mr. Harrison Visit the Moon – “An ordinary evening turns extraordinary when Pelly and her dog, Mr. Harrison, notice something special about the bathtub: there’s a rocket engine attached to the end. Landing softly on the moon, they meet a little alien who introduces them to the delights of lunar living – s’moons, star catching, moon rock digging. It’s a shame they have to get back, and they’ll never see their new friend again … Or will they?”
- Sleeping Beauty Musical Book – “Six tunes from the much-loved ballet transport you to a fairytale castle long ago, where an evil fairy casts a spell. Only a handsome prince can wake the sleeping princess. Follow their enchanting story in this beautiful picture book.”
- The Big Snuggle Up – “It all started with a scarecrow coming into the house looking for a place to stay, but he wasn’t the only one who needed somewhere warm to snuggle up! A snowy day is the perfect time to get cozy, and one animal after another comes to the cottage hoping for a welcoming, comfy place to stay warm and dry. Of course there’s always room for one more!”
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Recordable Book – “Delight a special child, parent or grandparent with this wonderful recordable book! Create a keepsake storybook by following the simple directions to record your own voice reading this treasured Christmas classic.”
- What’s Going On? – “A young boy details everything that has been happening in his world, and it’s all very strange! A mom who sprays bug spray in her hair? A dad who wears two different shoes? Just what is going on? Could it have something to do with a recent arrival?”
Many of these will be found under our Christmas tree this year! Do you give children’s books for Christmas, too?
You can find TONS more awesome children’s books, activity books, and even educational apps at My Usborne Book Store, too. Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you’re interested in learning more about hosting an online party, Facebook party, or joining the Usborne team!