This post full of ideas for a fun New Years Eve for Kids, originally sponsored by AMP Agency and published in December, 2015, has been updated in Decembermber 2018 for accuracy and relevance. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
New Years Eve for kids doesn’t have to be boring! There are SO many ways to make it FUN.
Honestly… I don’t think I’ve stayed up to celebrate the new year or watch the ball drop since I’ve become a mom. I’m always so tired and in bed far before midnight! Gotta get sleep while you can, right?!
And I never want to get the kids out of their bedtime routine, either. Some moms celebrate New Years Eve for kids during the day – with a countdown til 12:00-noon instead of midnight. Kind of brilliant, right?!
But this year, inspired by our newest sponsor, DPSG beverages – A&W®, 7UP®, Canada Dry®, Sunkist®, Sun Drop®, RC Cola®, Squirt® – we’re going for it and making New Year’s Eve a fun movie night with the kids!
Spending New Year’s Eve with the kids, too?
New Years Eve for Kids Doesn’t Have to Be Boring!
I’ve gathered up some fun activities from my fellow blogging mamas to make New Years Eve for kids fun, too. Let’s check ’em out…
16 Ideas to Have the BEST New Years Eve for Kids
- Make Fizzy Party Punch for a Kid-Friendly Toast – This is how we’re using our DPSG soda we got such a great deal on at Walmart. Check out the kid-friendly punch recipe below!
- Have the Kids Color their Own Party Hats – Download and print this free printable to have the kids make and color their own fun party hats.
- Make New Year’s Number Cookies – Who said the cookie baking had to end at Christmas? Have the kids help bake some number cookies to commemorate the New Year.
- Use a Coloring Sheet to Count Down – Download and print this free fireworks coloring sheet to help the kids count down the last hours of the year.
- Make Noisy Shakers – Use recycled materials to make some noisy New Year’s Eve Shakers – perfect for celebrating when the clock strikes 12 (or whatever time you need to get the kids to bed!).
- Or Try this Noisemaker Craft – Here’s another fun noisemaker craft to have out on New Years Eve for kids. The kids will LOVE it!
- Play with Glittery Playdough – Make this sparkly homemade playdough that’s reminiscent of the New Year’s Eve Ball in Time Square.
- Make Sparkling Party Slime – Or make some sparkly homemade slime for the kids to play with and explore.
- Play BINGO! – This printable New Year’s Eve themed BINGO game looks super fun and makes playing a game easy peasy.
- Make a Countdown Clock – Get the kids to help make their own countdown clock. It will help them learn time, too!
- Play in a New Year Themed Sensory Bin – Fill a sensory bin with New Year’s themed goodies on New Years Eve for kids to explore.
- Make Silly Predictions with a Silly Fill-In – Use this free printable to make some silly predictions for the year ahead!
- Look Back on Your Year – Use this free “Year in Review” printable to help the kids look back on the year they had.
- Make a Memory Jar Time Capsule – Have the kids preserve their memories from the past year with a memory jar time capsule activity.
- Make a New Year Wishing Wall – Help the kids look ahead to new adventures by making a New Year Wishing Wall.
- Open Countdown Bags – Fill numbered bags with treats and activities ahead of New Years Eve for kids to open every hour until the New Year.
How to Make a Kid-Friendly Fizzy Party Punch
I thought the kids would get a kick out of having their own fancy drink to toast with at our New Years Eve party. So I headed to Walmart to stock up on soda to make a fun fizzy party punch for the kids.
This fizzy party punch is super easy to make. Kids can even help make it! They will especially love helping you rim the cups with the crystal sugar.
It’s really just a pretty simple punch – with the fruit punch, ginger ale and rainbow sherbet. But it’s the fancy details – the sugar-rimmed fancy (but plastic, kid-friendly) cup and lemon and lime slice garnishes – that make this drink super special for the kiddos!
We like to just make it one cup at a time. Here’s how…
Print & Share the New Year’s Fizzy Party Punch Recipe:
This Fizzy Party Punch is SO easy the kids can help make it. It's fun for any celebration, but it's perfect for New Years Eve for kids!
Find this Helpful? Share with your Friends!
Just click on one of the social sharing buttons at the top or bottom of the post to share on social media. I’d really appreciate it!
More New Years Ideas for Kids & Families:
- 10 New Years Resolutions for Families
- New Years Family Traditions [From the Mouths of Moms]
- More Meaningful New Year’s Resolutions for Moms