An EASY Caramel Apple Recipe for a Caramel Mama Party
My Grandma Priscilla used to make warm, gooey caramel corn for us grandkids for a special snack. One day she taught me how to make it. Carefully heating the sugar until just the right “soft ball” stage to make the perfect caramel sauce. She made it seem so easy. But I’ve never made it without her. And I don’t plan to try. That caramel stuff’s intimidating, right? Since I’m not as amazingly talented-in-the-kitchen as my Grandma was; I’m totally gonna cheat. Werther’s Original sent me a whole box of their new Baking Caramels to try and share with friends during a Werther’s Original® Baking Bash MommyParty. And they make caramel recipes so EASY! Check out this super simple caramel apple recipe – only 3 (essential) ingredients – with tips to have a fun caramel apple mama party and jazz up those apples, too…
The Simplest Caramel Apple Recipe EVER
- 1 package Werther’s Original®Baking Caramels
- 2% milk
- popsicle or baking sticks
- various toppings (optional)
(Now, this is tricky, so be sure to follow these EXACTLY.)
- Pour a glass of wine for each mama and sit and gab while you unwrap caramels. (Don’t worry, they’re really easy to unwrap!) Pop a caramel or two as you unwrap. They’re delish.
- Have a couple mamas wash the apples and insert the sticks while a couple others put the caramels and milk into a microwave safe dish and heat for 2 minutes. Make sure they stir frequently.
- Make an assembly line of apples, melted caramel, different fun toppings to dip them in, and wax paper to set them on.
- Then get dippin’! Easy peasy, sticky, yummy, and fun!
Fun Toppings to Jazz Up the Caramel Apple Recipe
When you invite your mama friends over for the party, ask them each to bring a unique topping for the caramel apples. You can even make a fun game and choose winners for the most unusual or creative toppings. Here are some ideas for fun caramel apple toppings…
- Pop Rocks
- Sea Salt
- Mini M&Ms
- Fall Themed Sprinkles
- Crushes Sandwich Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Candy Corn, chopped
Have you ever made caramel apples? What’s your caramel apple recipe like? If you wanna have a fun caramel apple party with your mama friends, too, find lots more ideas and caramel recipes at Werther’s Originals Caramel Shoppe.
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!
I love to share at and find inspiration from these link ups!