Does your kiddos’ school collect Box Tops for Education? Or are you a teacher or parent volunteer who organizes Box Tops collection? Boy, do I have a fun freebie for you!
We currently collect our clipped Box Tops in a little glass fish bowl perched on our microwave. Boring! And often overlooked when it’s time to send those Box Tops into school.
Time to Make Collecting Box Tops More Fun!
So I sat down, did a little doodling, and designed this silly alligator envelope craft to make our Box Tops for Education collection a little more fun – and enticing for the kids to help with, too!
But first, if your school doesn’t currently collect, here’s why they should:
- Box Tops are those little purple rectangular labels on the packaging of everyday products such as Hefty® SteelSak® Trash Bags, Reynolds® Parchment Paper, and more Reynolds Consumer Products you probably already use.
- Each Box Top is worth 10 cents for your school.
- Imagine how quickly that will add up if every student in your school clips, collects, and sends in Box Tops!
Now, on to the alligator crafting fun…
Make a Super-Cool Box Tops Eating Alligator
- #10 envelope (size: 4-1/8 x 9-1/2″)
- Free Box Tops Eating Alligator Craft Printable
- crayons, colored pencils, and/or markers
- glue stick or school glue
- self-adhesive magnets (optional)
Get your FREE Box Tops Eating Alligator Craft Printable HERE:
Feel free to print and photocopy as many as you’d like if you’re a teacher or Box Tops collection volunteer. It would be a fun craft to do as a class, wouldn’t it?
Color the alligator’s face and tongue. Then, cut out the face and tongue.
Glue the tongue onto the right side of the back of the envelope, so it looks like it’s coming out from under the envelope flap when the flap is closed. You can also glue a Box Top onto the tongue – to remind you of your alligator’s favorite meal.
Add some color to the envelope around the tongue if you’d like.
Now glue the alligator face to the closed flap of the envelope. Just be careful with the glue so you don’t accidentally glue the flap closed! You can leave the flap open while the glue dries if you’re worried about gluing the mouth shut.
Finally, add some self-adhesive magnets to the back so your alligator can hang out on the fridge waiting for her Box Tops snacks!
Get Box Tops from Reynolds Consumer Products!
So many of Reynolds Consumer Products brands participate in Box Tops. You might even already have some in your kitchen. Check out the list… (And then scour your kitchen for Box Tops you already have or put them on your shopping list!)
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- Reynolds® Cooking Baking Sheets
- Reynolds® Bakeware Pans
- Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners
- Reynolds® Oven Bags
- Hefty® Strong Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ BlackOut® Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Cinch Sak® Large Trash Bags and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Renew® Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash Bags
- Hefty® SteelSak® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Twist Tie Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Flex® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Easy Grip® Cups
- Hefty® Deluxe™ Plates and Platters
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Bowls
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Plates
- Hefty® Style™ Prints Cups
- Hefty® Style Plates
- Hefty® Ultimate™ Easy Grip® Cups
- EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pans