Make a Flower Pen for Mom or Grandma
We’re doing all kids of crafting for Mother’s Day around here lately. With their blended family, my kids have two Grandmas, two Step-Grandmas, one Step-Mom, and one Mama (ME!) to craft for. We decided to make a flower pen for each Grandma this year. Here’s how we did it…
How to Make a Flower Pen for Mother’s Day
- colorful ink pens
- fake silk flowers
- fun washi tape
- cardstock/scrapbooking paper
- PSA Essentials Self-Inking Stamp with black ink
- Happy Mother’s Day Stamp from PSA Essentials Topiary Set
- circle and/or scallop punches
- adhesive (We love our Advanced Tape Glider!)
- small flower gem stones
- tacky glue
- hole punch
- Make the “Happy Mother’s Day” tag with two colors of cardstock, a circle punch and scallop punch, PSA Essentials Stamps, and adhesive. Use glue to add a small flower gem to the tag. Punch a hole in it and set aside.
- Cut a fake flower from the bunch and remove all but one bunch of leaves toward the top.
- Hold the flower along side the body of a pen and wrap both in washi tape. Priscilla loved helping to wrap the tape around and around!
- Add the tag to the stem of the flower. (Our flower easily pulled off to allow us to put the tag on and then replace the flower, but you could also use ribbon.)
Who would you make a flower pen for? Have you done any crafting for Mother’s Day yet?
Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!