Make a Flower Pen for Mom or Grandma
We’re doing all kids of crafting for Mother’s Day around here lately. With their blended family, my kids have two Grandmas, two Step-Grandmas, one Step-Mom, and one Mama (ME!) to craft for. We decided to make a flower pen for each Grandma this year. Here’s how we did it…
How to Make a Flower Pen for Mother’s Day
- colorful ink pens
- fake silk flowers
- fun washi tape
- cardstock/scrapbooking paper
- PSA Essentials Self-Inking Stamp with black ink
- Happy Mother’s Day Stamp from PSA Essentials Topiary Set
- circle and/or scallop punches
- adhesive (We love our Advanced Tape Glider!)
- small flower gem stones
- tacky glue
- hole punch
- Make the “Happy Mother’s Day” tag with two colors of cardstock, a circle punch and scallop punch, PSA Essentials Stamps, and adhesive. Use glue to add a small flower gem to the tag. Punch a hole in it and set aside.
- Cut a fake flower from the bunch and remove all but one bunch of leaves toward the top.
- Hold the flower along side the body of a pen and wrap both in washi tape. Priscilla loved helping to wrap the tape around and around!
- Add the tag to the stem of the flower. (Our flower easily pulled off to allow us to put the tag on and then replace the flower, but you could also use ribbon.)
Who would you make a flower pen for? Have you done any crafting for Mother’s Day yet?
If you like this, get lots more by signing for B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Thanks for the wonderful idea…I’m going to make with my Sunday School class for Mother’s Day
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
I love that! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Hello – Thanks for this great idea! I am going to make these with my 6 year old for her teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week! Thanks! Kristen