A Special Birthday Breakfast
One of the ways I try to make my kids’ Birthdays special is with a fun Birthday breakfast treat. Usually it’s their favorite doughnut with a Birthday candle. But I came up with a new treat for the Great Eggo Waffle Off that’s much healthier. Check it out…
Eggo Waffle Birthday Breakfast “Cake”
- Eggo Nutrigrain Whole Wheat Waffles
- yogurt (We used Strawberry Greek Yogurt.)
- 2 sizes of circle biscuit cutters (Or you could try the rims of drinking glasses.)
- decorating gel (optional)
1. Prepare the Eggo waffles as directed. We toasted ours in the toaster; quick and easy!
2. Cut out two large circles and two smaller circles from the prepared waffles.
3. On a plate, layer in the following order: one large waffle circle, a dollop of yogurt, sprinkles, the other large waffle circle, a dollop of yogurt, sprinkles, one small waffle circle, a dollop of yogurt, sprinkles, and the other small waffle circle, a dollop of yogurt, and sprinkles.
4. Add a Birthday candle to the top and present it to the Brithday boy or girl!
I love that the yogurt and whole grain waffles make this a healthier Birthday breakfast than our standard doughnut. But it’s still to fun and whimsical. I think this will be our new Birthday tradition.
Are you enjoying all of Eggo waffle fun this week? So far we’ve made a yummy Cinnamon Waffle Snack Mix, had some early learning fun with Mini Pancakes, came up with a Strawberry Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich, and made our own Kids Pizza with Eggo Waffles. Don’t forget that if you make anything fun with Eggo products to enter it into the Eggo Recipe Contest for a chance to win $5,000! And Eggo has also offered this fun prize pack full of Eggo goodness (an Eggo Expand-O Waffle Freezer Container, an Eggo Warm N’ Pour Syrup Container, a cool tote bag, and an Eggo Recipe Book) you can win right here…
Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!