This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NETFLIX. Please see my disclosure policy.
Family Movie Night Fun
With a limited budget and three busy kids (with three different nap and bedtime schedules) it’s expensive and downright exhausting to go out to dinner and a movie as a family. So family movie night has become our go-to for family fun around here. It’s just such an easy way to end a long week with some relaxing quality time. But I’ve been wanting to kick our movie nights up a notch, to increase the fun factor a bit. So I searched out and found these awesome ideas for making family movie night even more fun…
8 Ways to Make Family Movie Night MORE Fun!
- Print Admission Tickets – How about giving the kids a ticket to Family Movie Night before they head out the door to school in the morning. It’ll give them something fun to look forward to all day. You can print some adorable movie tickets at Dabbles and Babbles.
- Let the Kids Make Dinner – Keep dinner simple with some quick kids pizza making fun.
- Make Candy Necklaces – Let the kids keep their treats handy – around their necks! Have them string candy, pretzels, and such onto a necklace for a fun movie night treat. Find out how to make edible candy necklaces at Blondie and Brownies.
- Pile Up On the Floor – Load the floor with sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows for some snuggling while watching. If you’re the DIY type, find out how to make giant floor pillows at Oven lovin’.
- Make a Game of It – Play a game while you watch with this fun Movie BINGO printable from Complicated Mama.
- Pretend You’re At the Drive-In – Use cardboard boxes to craft cars for the kids to sit in. Find out how to make your own cardboard cars at Not Just a Housewife.
- Take It Outside – Set up a projector and invite the neighbors for an outdoor movie night! Check out all of the fun that Work in Progress Kits had at their Outdoor Family Movie Night.
- Use NETFLIX for Kids!
NETFLIX Makes Family Movie Night EASY!
We love having NETFLIX for our family movie nights. It makes it so much easier! Why?
- No going to the rental place.
- No waiting for the mailman.
- No stressing about returns.
- No planning ahead!
- Can be streamed on lots of devices.
And as a mama, I especially love the NETFLIX for Kids feature. It allows the kids to browse and watch only kid-friendly movies. (Some of our favorites: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Road Rally, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Pocahontas, & Cars Toons: Mater’s Tall Takes.) NETFLIX partnered with Common Sense Media to choose great kids’ programs and provide ratings and reviews for parents, too.
What are you watching on TV with your family? Netflix has family favorites from Disney, Disney Jr., Hasbro, Cartoon Network and Dreamworks that are available to stream anytime, anywhere.
And streaming is easier than you think! Download the free app on your iPad, click on the Netflix app on any gaming device, go to the website on your computer – and you’re in business. Check it out here!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NETFLIX.