The Perfect Waffle Recipe for Fall!
It’s Waffle Wednesday again! Yahoo! Did you get a chance to try the Waffle Mandala kids snacks from last week? Fun, right?! Well this week Eggo gave me the challenge to pair some Breyers Ice Cream with my Eggo Waffles. Um… challenge? Sounds like a party to me! And I just knew that Breyers Natural Vanilla flavor would pair perfectly with Eggo’s Seasonal Pumpkin Spice Waffles. Mmmm… Throw in some apples and it’s Fall on a plate. So here’s what I came up with for this week’s waffle recipe…
Pumpkin Apple Crisp Waffle Recipe
Apple Topping Ingredients:
- 4 pealed and diced apples (I used Gala, but I think a more tart apple might have been better.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Pumpkin Crisp Topping Ingredients:
- 2 toasted Eggo Pumpkin Spice Waffes, chopped up and crumbled
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup softened butter
6 toasted Eggo Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast waffles in the toaster or oven (as directed on the package) while you prep other ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix the diced apples, sugar, and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Set this apple topping aside.
- In another bowl, use a fork to combine the chopped and crumbled waffles, brown sugar, remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon, flour and butter. Set this pumpkin crisp topping aside.
- Lay the 6 remaining toasted waffles out on a baking sheet. Top each waffle with about 1/2 cup apple topping and then 1/2 cup of pumpkin crisp topping.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until apples are soft and waffles and topping is crisp and lightly browned.
- Serve warn with a scoop of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and some caramel drizzle. YUM!
This waffle recipe is definitely my favorite thus far. I love pumpkin and apple. So combining those flavors with these individual Pumpkin Apple Crisp Waffles is perfect! They would make an amazing breakfast on a cool Autumn morning. Or a fun dessert to a Fall meal. And the kids loved them, too.
Enter Your Waffle Recipe in The Great Eggo Waffle Off!
Next week’s Waffle Wednesday challenge is make a football themed snack. Any ideas, creative mamas? If you cook or bake with Eggo Waffles this week, make sure to enter your Waffle Recipes into The Great Eggo Waffle Off! for your chance to win $5000!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
I love to share at and find inspiration from these link ups!