St. Patrick’s Day
My kids had such fun playing this super-simple St. Patrick’s Day Pot O’ Gold Game. It only took me a couple of minutes to make, and I got all of the supplies for a couple bucks at the dollar store.
St. Patrick’s Day Pot O’ Gold Game
- a black paper cup
- one pipe cleaner for each color of the rainbow (Sawyer didn’t like that we were missing orange!)
- stapler and staples
- white paint pen
- chocolate gold coin candies
- Use the white paint pen to decorate the black cup with “Pot O’Gold” or “Happy St. Patrick’s Day!”
- Holding the pipe cleaners in order of the colors of the rainbow, twist the ends together.
- Staple that twisted end to the inside rim of one side of the cup.
- Twist the other ends of the pipe cleaners together.
- Staple that other twisted end to the inside rim on the other side of the cup.
- Adjust and separate your pipe cleaners to make them look like a rainbow.
How to play: Have the kids stand/sit back from the cup and toss the gold coin candies into the “Pot O’ Gold.” If they make it in, they get to eat the candy!
I just made this on a whim for my two oldest kiddos, but it would be great for a school or playgroup party. And it’s cheap and easy enough that one pot of gold could be made for each child to take home their “treasure,” too!
More St. Patrick’s Day Activities
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your kids?
Sign up here! If you like this, get lots more by signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest! I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.