A Simple St. Patrick’s Day Party Game!
My kids had such fun playing this super-simple St. Patrick’s Day Pot O’ Gold Game. It only took me a couple of minutes to make, and I got all of the supplies for a couple bucks at the dollar store.
This post contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
St. Patrick’s Day Pot O’ Gold Party Game
What you’ll need:
- a black paper cup
- one pipe cleaner for each color of the rainbow (Sawyer didn’t like that we were missing orange!)
- stapler and staples
- white paint pen
- chocolate gold coin candies
How it’s made:
- Use the white paint pen to decorate the black cup with “Pot O’Gold” or “Happy St. Patrick’s Day!”
- Holding the pipe cleaners in order of the colors of the rainbow, twist the ends together.
- Staple that twisted end to the inside rim of one side of the cup.
- Twist the other ends of the pipe cleaners together.
- Staple that other twisted end to the inside rim on the other side of the cup.
- Adjust and separate your pipe cleaners to make them look like a rainbow.
How to play: Have the kids stand/sit back from the cup and toss the gold coin candies into the “Pot O’ Gold.” If they make it in, they get to eat the candy!
I just made this on a whim for my two oldest kiddos, but it would be great for a school or playgroup party. And it’s cheap and easy enough that one pot of gold could be made for each child to take home their “treasure,” too!
More St. Patrick’s Day Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your kids? Share in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!This post contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!