Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookies
With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, our activities are full of rainbows and shamrocks. So when we set out to bake up the Valentines Day sugar cookie mix I bought on clearance, we just had to brighten it up a bit! Making these Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookies was really fun and way easier than it looks. Here’s what you’ll need:
Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- sugar cookie dough (prepared from scratch or mix)
- liquid food coloring in red, blue, green, and yellow
- plastic wrap
- Divide sugar cookie dough into 4 bowls.
- Add one color of food coloring to each bowl and mix into dough. You’ll need to use quite a bit to get such bright colors.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on table/counter.
- Form the blue dough into a long log and press flat into a rectangle on the plastic wrap.
- Form the green dough into a log and press flat onto the blue dough.
- Form the yellow dough into a log and press flat onto the green dough.
- Form the red dough into a log and press flat onto the yellow dough.
- Using the plastic wrap to lift the edge, gently roll the rectangle of dough up into a log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer until firm but not frozen. Ours took about a half an hour.
- Remove from freezer and slice log into small discs.
- Place a couple inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake according to dough recipe directions.
Priscilla loved helping to mix the dough and watch it turn colors. Then she also helped press it down into the rectangles. And when I sliced then up, it was like magic to her to see the spiral! She calls them “lollipop” cookies, which is a great idea; maybe we should add lollipop sticks next time before baking. We’ll definitely be making these again. It’s a great kid-friendly recipe.
What have you been baking with your kids lately?signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest! I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.