A Fun Twist on an Ice Cream Sandwich
If you’ve ever had ice cream in a homemade waffle cone, you know that waffles and ice cream are a wonderful combination. But what about strawberry waffles and strawberry ice cream? With white chocolate and sprinkles. I know, I just blew your mind, right?! Check our fun twist on the typical waffle ice cream sandwich…
Strawberry Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich
- Eggo Strawberry Strudel Wafflers
- Breyer’s Natural Strawberry Ice Cream
- white chocolate chips
- Prepare the Strawberry Strudel Wafflers as directed on the package. We popped ours in the oven until lightly brown and toasted.
- Allow the waffled to cool to the touch.
- While waffles are cooling, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Sandwich some strawberry ice cream between two wafflers. (We found that a small cookie scoop was the perfect size to scoop the ice cream onto the wafflers.) Then quickly dip one end of the waffle sandwich into the white chocolate. Use a spoon to spread the white chocolate up and onto half of the sandwich. Holding the sandwich over a bowl, sprinkle the white chocolate with some sprinkles. Lay on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat step 4 until you have a few sandwiches done and then pop them in the freezer before they melt. Do just a few sandwiches at a time, put them in the freezer, and remelt your chocolate if you need to before doing a few more.
- Once hardened in the freezer, enjoy them or individually wrap them for later!
The kids loved helping with the sprinkles on these. And of course they had a hard time waiting until they were frozen to eat them! We kept these individually wrapped in the freezer for about a week, and they were a yummy evening treat.
Are you enjoying the Eggo recipes so far? (If you haven’t seen them yet, make sure to check out our Cinnamon Waffle Snack Mix and our early learning fun with Mini Pancakes.) Are you inspired to make something yummy with your kids using Eggo products? If you do, make sure to enter it in the Eggo Recipe Contest for a chance to win $5,000!Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday. This post is sponsored by Kellogg’s Eggo. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.