A Collection of Free Printable Writing Prompts for Kids!
With ever expanding technology, handwriting too often takes a backseat in our kids’ lives. I was recently challenged to take the BIC Fight for Your Write Pledge to save handwriting, and I eagerly accepted. I love the creativity that writing brings out in my kids. And I know the cognitive and motor skills involved in handwriting are so important for them, too. I’ll share more about the Fight for Your Write Pledge and how you can take it in a minute. First, I’d like to share some fun writing prompts I’ve gathered up to get kids (mine and yours!) writing more this summer. Let’s check ’em out…
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BIC. The opinions and text are all mine. Please see my disclosure policy.
14+ Fun (& Free!) Printable Writing Prompts for Kids
- Printable Post Office Play Set (via Picklebums)
- Community Helpers Creative Writing Prompts (via Free Homeschool Deals)
- Passport to the Planets Printable (via Still Playing School)
- Printable Penguin Writing Prompts (via The Educators’ Spin On It)
- Free Self-Esteem Themed Writing Printables (via MakeBeliefsComix.com)
- Superhero Comic Writing Pintable (via B-Inspired Mama)
- Thankful Journal Writing Prompt (via School Time Snippets)
- Draw Your Own Postcard Printable (via Picklebums)
- Free Newspaper Article Template (via Layers of Learning)
- LEGO Themed Writing Prompts (via Homeschool Encouragement)
- Free Thank You Writing Printables (via 3 Dinosaurs)
- Zoo Report Writing Printables (via To the Moon and Back)
- Free Printable Comic Book Templates (via Kids Activities Blog)
- Totally Un-Boring, Seriously Cool Writing Prompt Printables (via Picklebums)
Or Write in a “Mommy & Me Journal”
Aside from printed writing prompts, I like to encourage my kids to write with a “Mommy and Me Journal”. Each kiddo has a notebook that they write back and forth with me in.
It’s a sweet way to connect and a fun way to encourage writing. We like to share little drawings and doodles in our journals, too.
Take BIC’s Fight for Your Write Pledge & Enter to WIN!
BIC is on a mission to save handwriting. With today’s technology and educational changes like Common Core, handwriting is being left behind. Here are just a couple reasons handwriting is so important to fight for:
“Children not only learn to read more quickly when they first learn to write by hand, but they also remain better able to generate ideas and retain information.” (via The New York Times)
“… longhand note takers still beat laptop note takers on recall one week later when participants were given a chance to review their notes before taking the recall test.” (via The Association for Psychological Science)
And for every person who takes the Fight for Your Write Pledge, BIC will donate a pencil or pen to AdoptAClassroom.org. In 2014, people who pledged made it possible to for BIC to donate over 100,000 pens and pencils! So not only will your pledge make a difference in your own kids’ lives, but it will make a difference for kids in need, too.
PLUS, when you take the pledge, you are automatically entered for a chance to win a $1,200 BIC® Prize Pack! (No Purch Nec., U.S. only, 18+. Ends 09/14/15. For details and full rules visit www.BICFightForYourWrite.com.) Sounds like a win, win, WIN to me!
Take the Fight for Your Write Pledge HERE!
How do you encourage writing for your kids? Have any favorite writing prompts for kids? Join the discussion in the comments below!
More Early Literacy & Writing Ideas from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Reply