Priscilla has been especially interested in colors lately. She talks about them and points to objects to tell us what color they are, but she’s rarely correct. She still hasn’t connected the names to the colors yet. So for today’s Muffin Tin Snack, I created a color sorting game for her. She loved it, and I sat with her telling her the names of the colors as she sorted them.
Muffin Tin Cereal Color Sorting Game
- 6 cup muffin tin
- construction paper in red, blue, purple, yellow, orange, and green
- 2″ circle punch (I used a scalloped punch.)
- double sided tape (or scotch tape in little loops)
- bowl of Kellogg’s Froot Loops or other similar colored cereal
Here’s how easy it is:
1. Use the circle punch to punch out one circle from each color of construction paper.
2. Tape each circle inside one of the muffin cups so that each cup is a different color.
3. Present the muffin tin to your little one with a bowl of dry Froot Loops.
4. Show your little one how to match the Froot Loops by color to the muffin cups.
5. Say the color when you or your little one makes a match.
6. Eat a few (or lots) as you play!
Do you ever let your kids play with their food?
I love to link up with: Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Ta-Da Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Show & Tell Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Share & Wow Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Happy Lil Hearts Are Baking, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Fun for Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, and Link & Learn Sunday.