Let’s Set Some Goals, Mamas!
At the New Year, my sweet friend, MaryAnne of MamaSmiles, invited myself and some other bloggers to join her in sharing Monthly Goals for 2014. I jumped on board – knowing that it was just what I needed; specific monthly goals and a community of other supportive mamas to help me reach them. So throughout 2014, on the 31st of each Month (or in this case – the 2nd of the month!), I will be sharing my “Monthly Mama Goals” for the month ahead. Now – let’s reassess February’s Goals…
Scroll to the bottom to enter to win this “She Designed a Life She Loved” Art Print from Pretty Chic!
How Did February’s Goals Go?
- “I will continue my Wednesday Bible Study Group and also listen to the audiobook, Women Food and God by Geneen Roth, to explore the connection between my food addiction and my spirituality.“ – I attended the Bible Study Group when I was able (i.e. when no child was sick!) and will continue to do so when possible. I listened to MOST OF the audiobook while traveling to take the kids to their dad’s. But didn’t get through the entire thing before it was due back at the library. I did have lots of “AHA” moments while listening, but I’m thinking that I need a more concrete plan to control my overeating.
- “I will set up a treasure box reward system for the kids to earn small treasures upon completing certain homeschooling tasks.“ – I decided to forgo the treasure box approach and go the sticker chart route to earn a larger, educational toy instead. The kids are currently working toward some cool Safari LTD toys. They can earn stickers in various ways – by completing homeschooling work, working together to clean their rooms, getting through a shopping trip without any fits or meltdowns, etc. It’s really working well for us right now.
- “We will get into more of a homeschooling routine by sticking to the following extracurriculars each week: Monday Morning Open Gym, Monday Night Cub Scouts, Wednesday Morning Nature Center Time, Wednesday Night Church Group, and Friday Afternoon Homeschool Group.“ – We’ve pretty much been able to stick to this routine, except for some down time when the kids or I have been sick or the weather didn’t allow. You definitely can’t say my homeschooling kids don’t socialize!
B-Inspired Mama Goal
- “I will set up my contributors as ‘authors’ of their own work here at B-Inspired Mama.“ – I did set up my new contributors, and they have shared some wonderful posts, too; Indoor S’Mores Kids in the Kitchen Recipe, Road Sign DIY Toys, Junk Drawer Ice Melt Science for Kids, Sight Word Activities with Cloud Dough… (Have I mentioned that I LOVE my mama contributors?!)
My Mama Goals for March
- “I will read one healthful eating book and start eliminating sugar from my diet.” – I am learning that sugar is a HUGE trigger for my compulsive and unhealthy eating. I plan to read the 21 Day Sugar Detox and begin the process of eliminating sugar completely from my diet.
- “I will utilize a sticker reward chart to encourage positive behavior and habits.” – Our sticker reward chart is really helping to motivate the kids, so we’re going to keep using it. We’ll figure out how to wean off rewards at a later date. (Ha!)
- “We will work on math at least three days per week.” – Math is definitely our weak spot in homeschooling thus far. The kids like the various math websites and apps I’ve found to make it fun. But I’m not seeing the retention that I’d like to see from them. So I will make sure that Sawyer does his Math-U-See at least three days per week this month to give that a fair chance.
B-Inspired Mama Goal
- “I will get caught up with bookkeeping.” – Accounting and bookkeeping is by far my least favorite part of managing B-Inspired Mama. And it’s so easy to put off and get behind. So before the year gets along any farther, I will make sure to get caught up with my bookkeeping (at least through the end of February) with new Quickbooks system that I have set up this year.
Monthly Goals Link Up
Wanna join in the monthly goal setting fun? Just post your monthly goals on your blog and link your post up below so we can support you, too. Don’t have a blog? Let us know your goals in the comments below. Maybe we can offer some help and support.
Mama Smiles – Joyful Parenting, 3 Dinosaurs, B-Inspired Mama, Happily Ever Mom, Kids Yoga Stories, Lemon Lime Adventures, Powerful Mothering, Smiling Like Sunshine, The Educators’ Spin On It, The Life of Jennifer Dawn
Enter to Win an Inspirational Art Print from Pretty Chic SF!
The inspirational print above can be purchased from Pretty Chic on Etsy. But Richelle of Pretty Chic SF has graciously offered one free 8X10 art print of choice to a lucky B-Inspired Mama reader. To enter to win, just follow the steps in the Rafflecopter below…
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
Great goals Krissy! I like the idea of the kid earning an educational toy instead of a treasure box reward!
Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!
Those are great goals. I love that you are getting rid of sugar. I wish I could do that. Good luck with everything.
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
Well…. it’s not going to be easy. But we really NEED to try. 🙂
maryanne @ mama smiles says
Great goals, Krissy! My kids love saving up rewards for nicer items, and they are big fans of Safari Ltd products!
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
We are, too. And I don’t feel so bad when their rewards are so awesome and educational. 🙂