When Kids Technology is Awesome!
We’ve all heard the debate about technology for kids. Sure; there’s an argument for limiting kids technology for our littlest ones. But there’s lots of benefits to appropriate technology for our kids, too! Especially the right kind of kids technology. Here’s some quick tips (and common sense) for making kids technology awesome and not harmful…
Common Sense Kids Technology Tips
- Limit It for Little Ones – Many studies have shown that it’s best to limit kids’ screen time until after the age of two. SheKnows has a great guide outlining at what age each type of technology is appropriate for.
- Keep It Educational – Limit kids technology to that which is educational and not just entertaining. I’ve found that my kids learn certain concepts (like math) better through technology!
- Balance It Out with Play – Make sure the kids are getting enough imaginative play and outdoor play,too. Everything in moderation, Mama!
- Try a Token System – Make technology the reward for good behavior and/or household chores. This will help with controlling technology time, too.
- Monitor, Monitor, Monitor! – Make sure you’re always monitoring kids technology so that it is kid appropriate. Use programs if you need to for blocking inappropriate content, and keep technology in family areas where you can see it.
The Ultimate Kids’ Learning Tablet
You never need to worry about inappropriate content with LeapFrog! They’ve put kids learning and parents needs first again with their new LeapPad Ultra…
“Built for kids, inside and out, LeapPad Ultra is the 100% kid-perfect tablet with 7” hi-res screen, kid-safe Wi-Fi and instant access to 800+ fun and educator-approved games and apps.”
This kids tablet is just like the big guns; it has a 7” hi-res screen, designed with feather-light responsiveness for a kid’s touch. Plus it has front-and-back cameras and video recorders. And if your kids already have a LeapFrog Explorer™, you can use those game cartridges, or you can download apps directly to the LeapPad Ultra through the Wi-Fi App Center. And the simple parental settings to keep your kids safe while using their internet connection to browse kid-friendly stuff.
Enter the LeapPad Ultra Sweepstakes!
Visit the LeapPad Sweeps site and enter to win your own LeapPad Ultra. When you enter, you may invite up to five friends to participate, too. And if they are chosen to win a LeapPad Ultra, you’ll win one too!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!I love to link up with: Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways,Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Your Creative Timeout, Artsy Corner Thursday, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, The Weekly Creative,The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase,The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, Afterschool Express, and Link & Learn Sunday.