Get the Kids in the Kitchen!
Have you had the kids in the kitchen lately? Well last week we were sent some of the new Old World Style Pepperoni and Salami from Oscar Mayer and were inspired to have a little fun in the kitchen. Check out the silly Italian sandwich we came up with…
Meet Oscar – The Italian Octopus
Want to make a fun Italian lunch with your kids? Here’s how:
- Oscar Mayer Old World Style Pepperoni
- Oscar Mayer Old World Style Salami
- Thinly Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Bread Roll
- Pimiento Stuffed Olives
- Bell Pepper Strips (We used orange, but any color could be used.)
- Cut about 1/4 of the roll off and use fingers or knife to carefully remove some of the soft bread from the middle to create a little bread “pocket.”
- Stuff bread pocket with a few slices of Old World Style Pepperoni, Salami, and cheese.
- Set on plate and arrange 8 (for eight octopus legs!) bell pepper strips coming out of the sandwich opening.
- Cut an olive in half and place the halves as the octopus eyes.
- Sprinkle some extra olives on the plate. (I think they look like bubbles, don’t you?!)
My Sawyer wasn’t sure about the olives on this guy, but he sure liked the sandwich and the bell pepper “tentacles!” It was his first time eating an “Italian” sandwich with pepperoni and salami. He did mention that it was a little “spicy” (from that Old World Style flavor!), so when I make him one again, I’ll add in some ham to cut the spice a bit. But if you’re little one loves “spicy,” stick with that Old World Style Pepperoni and Salami.
About Oscar Mayer’s New Old World Style
- It comes in four varieties, all sliced and sandwich-ready: Classic Salami, Cracked Black Pepper Salami, Classic Pepperoni and Turkey Pepperoni.
- Perfect for back-to-school lunches or rolled around a cheese stick for after-school snacks!
- An excellent source of protein with up to 8 grams per serving.
- Can be found in the refrigerated-meat section at retail stores nationwide.
- 4 oz. package retails at $3.29 SRP.
Have you had any fun with your kids in the kitchen lately? Do share in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.