Heading to an Amusement Park this Summer?
We are! We cannot WAIT to go to Six Flags Great Escape in a couple of weeks. BUT I have to admit… I get really nervous when we take the kids to
overstimulating crazy fun places like amusement parks. I can’t be the only one, right? So I’ve been thinking about how to best prepare to make our trip the best it can be. Here’s my “amusement park plan”…
8 Tips for Great Amusement Park Trips with Kids
- Scope Out the Amusement Park Website. Before heading out, check out the details on the amusement park’s website. Make sure you know park hours, ticket prices, special events on the day of your visit, etc. You can even often buy your tickets online and print a map!
- Make a Plan of Attack. When you’re on the amusement park website, check out the map and make a plan of attack for what parts of the park will best suite your kids and which you’ll be visiting first.
- Study the Accessibility Guide. Six Flags has a link to their Safety and Accessibility Guide right on their website that explains all of the physical requirements and safety policies for their rides. This is invaluable if you have special needs children but also for checking the height and weight requirements for rides for the kids beforehand.
- Let the Kids in on the Plan. After you have your plan of action, let the kids in on it. Show them on the map the rides they are going to go on so they know what to expect. (And what NOT to expect.)
- Wear Matching Clothing. Consider dressing the kids in matching colors or t-shirts so they’re easier to spot in the park.
- Teach Kids the Safety Plan. Make sure your kids know what to do if they get lost from you in the park. (How to find a park worker, what to say, knowing your phone number, etc.) Check out these tips on keeping kids safe in public for ideas.
- Stock the Car. Make sure you have some essentials in the car in case of emergencies – a change of clothes for each kid, a cooler with snacks and drinks, a first aid kit, towels and Wet Ones for messes.
- Carry Only What You Need – Or Rent a Locker! Carry a bag or wear clothes with lots of pockets and compartments for the things you need to have on you (cell phone, sippy cups, bandaids, Wet Ones, etc.). Or rent a locker in the park to have them close by.
Want to Go to a Six Flags Amusement Park, Too?!
This summer, Six Flags is partnering with Wet Ones for a special ticket offer! Get your Six Flags ticket offer with any Wet Ones purchase:
- FREE kid’s ticket weekdays with purchase of a full price general admission ticket – up to a $41.99 value!
- $10 off one (1) full price general admission ticket on weekends
- Offer is valid before September 21, 2014.
- Visit http://www.wildforwetones.com for more information.
And Enter to WIN the Wild for Wet Ones Sweepstakes!
You can also enter to win a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure for a Safari Off Road Adventure where you and your family will experience wild animals up close and personal as you splash through ponds, climb hills, and venture over rugged terrain! Here’s how to enter…
- Visit wildforwetones.com and tell Wet Ones why you’re Wild for them.
- Just for entering, you can download fun Safari coloring pages, too!
Grand Prize include:
- Two days at Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari in Jackson, NJ for winner and three guests
- 3-night trip for four (4) including round trip, coach air transportation
- Safari VIP Tour for four (4) (includes theme park admission)
- Four (4) 1-day theme park admission tickets to Six Flags Great Adventure
- THE FLASH Regular pass for up to four (4) people for one (1) day
- One (1) Family Meal Day for up to four (4) people and MORE!
Sweepstakes begins on June 4 and runs through July 14, 2014. Please visit http://www.wildforwetones.com for official rules.
More About Wet Ones
Wet Ones are perfect for the kids’ sticky, germy hands and faces during your amusement park trip! Just throw a Wet Ones travel pack in your bag or individually wrapped Wet Wipes in yoru pockets for those times in the park where soap and water is just inconvenient. And the antibacterial wipes will kill 99% of bacteria – easy peasy! You can find them is mass retailers, grocery stores, and drug stores, and find more information at http://www.wetones.com/.
What are your best tips for a successful amusement park trip with kids? Share them in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wet Ones for the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.