Wondering How to Get Kids to Take Medicine?
Getting my kids to take medicine – especially yucky tasting cold medicine – has been a huge challenge in our house. It never fails; if I can even get it in their mouths, they spit all or some of it out, leaving me wondering how much of a dose they even got. I know I’m not the only mama with medicine-resisting kiddos! So I’ve rounded up some ideas to get kids to take medicine. Some we’ve tried that have worked and some that just sound pretty clever. Here goes…
6 Tricks for How to Get Kids to Take Medicine
- Get Good Tasting Medicine – So obviously, the better tasting the medicine the more success we’ve had. Dr. Cocoa™ is a great choice for cough and cold medicine for children, because it’s made with 10% real cocoa and chocolate is a typically kid-loved flavor.
- Try Letting THEM Do It – This one is tricky, because we want to make sure they get all of the medicine in. But if you can measure it out into a bigger medicine cup and give it to them to drink down themselves, they might be more willing to take it. I know my stubborn independent kids are!
- Wash It Down – My kids always like to have a drink handy (water or juice typically) to wash their medicine down as soon as they’ve taken it.
- Have Someone New Give It – If you always give it, have your partner try this time. Maybe someone else will be just the novelty your child needs.
- Be Silly – Fly that spoon in like an airplane, pretend the medicine cup is hanging from a crane, turn into the “medicine bear.” Do something crazy to get your little one giggling and distract them from the taste.
- Use a Puppet – I’m sure taking medicine would be more fun from a cute puppet instead of mom or dad! We love our Dr. Cocoa™ Owl puppet.
More About Dr. Cocoa™ for Children:
Dr. Cocoa™ for Children is the first-ever chocolate flavored over-the-counter liquid cough and cold medicine for kids ages 4-13.
Made with real cocoa and trusted ingredients, Dr. Cocoa™ takes the fuss out of kids medicine taking. Dr. Cocoa™ for Children comes in three formulas:
- Dr. Cocoa™ Long Acting Cough Relief
- Dr. Cocoa™ Daytime Cough + Cold Relief
- Dr. Cocoa™ Nighttime Cough + Cold Relief
Dr. Cocoa™ for Children can be found at stores nationwide as well as online. To save on Dr. Cocoa™, visit their website to print the $4.00 coupon! And follow Dr. Cocoa™ on Facebook for more information and future offers.
***Dr. Cocoa™ products are FDA regulated medicines and should be used only as directed and kept safely out of reach of children.
Visit www.drcocoa.com for a $4-off coupon offer.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. However, all opinions, text and experiences are my own.
Leave a Reply