This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eggo. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Use Halloween Treats for a Yummy Haunted House!
It isn’t even Halloween yet and our house is already starting to be overrun by all of the Halloween treats! So I’ve come up with one clever way to use them. (Now, mind you, I did NOT say it was a healthy way to use them…) Have the kids make a fun Halloween Haunted House snack! We used our convenient Eggo waffles of course. Check it out…
Halloweeen Treats Haunted House Recipe
- Eggo Buttermilk Waffles
- coconut colored green with green food coloring
- white and black store-bought icing tubes
- lots of Halloween treats! (We used candy corn, Hershey’s chocolate, Peanut Butter M&Ms, and Halloween Marshmallow Peeps.)
- Toast the waffles and cut into a square and a triangle to make a house.
- Add green colored coconut for grass at the base of the house.
- Give the kids some Halloween treats and some icing tubes and let them at it. Easy peasy and totally fun! Or use the kids treats to make this for the kids as a surprise on the morning after Halloween. (You’d get Best Mom of the Year Award for sure!)
Win an Eggo Waffle Prize Pack to Make Your Own Halloween Treats Haunted House!
Wanna try some Eggo Waffles to make these Halloween Treat Haunted Houses? You’re in luck! Eggo has graciously offered one lucky reader an Eggo Waffle Prize Pack to inspire some Eggo Recipes for The Great Eggo Waffle Off! (See the official rules here.)
The Eggo Waffle Prize Pack includes:
- One Box of Eggo waffles (awarded in the form of a free product coupon – max. value $3.29 ea. coupon)
- One Eggo T-shirt
- Three Eggo Waffle Serving Plates
- One Eggo Waffle Wednesday Recipe Look Book
To enter to win, just enter here…
So how do you handle all of the extra Halloween treats? Any creative recipes or ideas to share? If you use your Halloween treats in an Eggo Waffle recipe, make sure to enter your Waffle Recipes into The Great Eggo Waffle Off! for your chance to win $5000!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!
I love to share at and find inspiration from these link ups!
This edible haunted house idea is such a fun activity for kids! I think it’s fun to make a house for Halloween and not just wait to make gingerbread houses at Christmas time. I agree that it’s not the healthiest snack ever but it will make it fun and memorable for the kids! I’ll have to try it this year with my kids!
Krissy @ B-Inspired Mama says
Thanks for the positive feedback! Let me know if you try it. 🙂
Becky VanGinkel says
I absolutely LOVE the candy corn roof! What a fun project.. will have to try it with our 3 kids now that we have a TON of candy! lol
Enchanted Schoolroom says
This is adorable 🙂
Pinned it to my Halloween board! Now I have the perfect excuse to go buy some more candy corn, lol!
This is super cute! What a fun Halloween treat!