Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for Kids with a Patriotic Twist!
I’ve been having so much fun using our I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter for some 4th of July recipes. Did you see how we used it to make our Red White and Blue Fruit Salsa with Star Chips and our Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars? So far it’s stood up to any recipe we’ve thrown at it. We even tried it with the some grilled cheese sandwiches for kids. And it was delicious as ever. Here’s how we turned it into a fun 4th of July recipe, too…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever. Please see my disclosure policy.
Patriotic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for Kids
- whole wheat bread
- any sliced cheese (We used shredded cheese, but I would recommend sliced.)
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- small star cookie cutter
- red and blue food coloring pens
- Spread once side of each piece of bread with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.
- Use the star cookie cutter to cut a star from one piece of bread for each sandwich.
- Place one slice of buttered bread spread side down on a warm griddle or pan. Add a slice of cheese and top with the star-cut piece of buttered bread spread side up.
- Let brown lightly then flip.
- Let other side brown lightly.
- Remove from griddle or pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Use the food coloring pens to add blue around the star and red stripes.
- Let the kids enjoy!
Here’s a video showing you how, too…
Have you had a chance to try out any I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter? Growing up in a farming family who champions the real thing, I have been pleasantly surprised with how easily I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter has been to use in my everyday cooking and recipes. And it feels good to know that it has less saturated fat and calories for my family.
Cooking your favorite recipes using Unilever buttery spreads is a deliciously smart move. With 0g trans fats per serving, less saturated fat and fewer calories than butter, cholesterol-free spreads are a better option.
What’s your favorite way to make grilled cheese sandwiches for kids? Ever tried making them patriotic? Share about it in the comments below!
More Patriotic Recipes from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest!This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Unilever. Please see my disclosure policy.