Yummy Early Learning!
Did you see yesterday’s announcement that I am now a “Chief Waffle Officer” for Eggo? Yep, I’ll be sharing a creative kid-friendly Eggo recipe each day this week. And if you’re like to “play along,” you can make a fun recipe with Eggo products, too, to enter into The Great Waffle Off on the Eggo Facebook Page. (You could win $5,000 or a year’s supply of Eggo products!) Yesterday I shared a yummy Cinnamon Waffle Snack Mix. Are you ready for some more Eggo fun today? How about some early learning fun?
Early Learning Activities with Eggo Mini Pancakes
- Kellogg’s Eggo Pancakes Minis
- food coloring markers
- chocolate chips
Steps for Preparing the Activities:
- Prepare the mini pancakes is the microwave following the package directions.
- Use the food coloring markers to write a different number (we did 1 through 6) on each pancake.
- Use the food coloring markers to write the letters of your child’s name on each pancake.
- Make sure they’ve cooled to the touch before allowing your child to play and learn with them.
Early Learning Activity Ideas:
- Give your child a plate with the number pancakes in no particular order and have them put the number pancakes in order.
- Have your child stack the number pancakes from the highest number to the lowest or lowest to highest.
- Have your child put the correct number of chocolate chips on each number pancake.
- Give your child a plate with the letter pancakes in no particular order and have them put them in order to spell their name.
- Call out a letter or number and have your child put a chocolate chip on the correct pancake.
- Call out a certain letter or number for your child to eat! YUM!