I really lucked out; J.C. is such an easy-going baby. As long as he has something interesting to look at, he’d lay happily on the floor all day. But lay happily in his crib – not so much! So this mama got to work making him something interesting to look at above his crib…
DIY Origami Baby Mobile
I was inspired by this cut paper snowflake I found on Pinterest. But instead of making the entire snowflake, I just did steps 1 through 14 (here) to create each hanging origami piece. I made 12 using 2 different sizes of square scrapbooking paper, but you can create and use as many or as few as you’d like.
Once you have created your origami pieces, you can use them to create the mobile. You will need…
- the inside hoop to a large embroidery hoop, painted the color of your choice
- embroidery floss or other light string
- origami pieces
1. Clip a paperclip on the point of each origami piece.
2. Use a square know to tie a 12” length of string to each paperclip.
3. Use a square knot to tie each string/origami piece onto the embroidery hoop. Prop the hoop on the edge of the table to help evenly space out the hanging pieces.
4. Tie three pieces of equal length string to the hoop equal distances apart.
5. Bring the other ends of these together and tie together and then to a paperclip for hanging.
6. Hang completed mobile from an eye hook installed securely in the ceiling.
Does your baby have a mobile? Does he/she like it? Have you ever crafted anything for your baby?
I love to link up with:
Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Show & Tell Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Share & Wow Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Fun for Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, and Link & Learn Sunday.