This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Playtex Baby. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
What are the True Diaper Bag Essentials?
Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of diaper bags. They’re big and bulky and always in the way. Especially when you get to baby #2, #3, or more. There just aren’t enough hands and arms to carry a big diaper bag and my purse. So I usually combine the two. I’ve done it differently at different times over the years, but I often have a well stocked diaper bag in the car and just grab the diaper bag essentials and toss them into my purse. Now Playtex has given me an even better idea…
Keep the Diaper Bag Essentials in One Small Tote!
I can use my new Playtex SmartCool On-The-Go Bottle Tote for just the essentials. Then just grab it, toss it in my big mama purse, and skip the diaper bag. What are my diaper bag essentials, you ask?
- Bottle or Sippy Cup with Milk – I always make sure to have milk in my toddler’s sippy cup when we’re out and about because it will fill his belly a bit more than water and juice if he’s a little hungry in the middle of a shopping trip. So the insulated bottle tote is perfect for keeping it cold and fresh.
- 2 Diapers and Travel Package of Wipes – I love those little travel packages of wipes that often come as freebies with diapers or bigger boxes of wipes. And I’ve learned the hard way to ALWAYS carry TWO diapers one loses a tab during application!
- Teether/Pacifier or Small Toy – Depending on the ages of the little one, it’s always a good idea to carry along their favorite teether or small toy. And the little clip on pouch for the Playtex Bottle Tote is a perfect spot for that.
And for older toddlers and young kids…
- A Package of Twist-Up Crayons – Never leave home without a package of crayons, Mamas of toddlers! They offer instant entertainment on the doctor’s office table paper and restaurant placemats. And little ones who are too young to draw well still love to watch mama draw funny pictures.
- A Lollipop – Use your best judgement on at what age a lollipop is appropriate, but don’t underestimate it’s use for distracting antsy or upset kids in a pinch.
I love that all of it fits perfectly into that little tote. Our milk stays cold with the flexible freezer packs. And all the extras slide right into the many pockets on the outside. Then when we get home, I toss my bottle, sippy cup parts, and even my dishwash-able toys and teethers right into my Playtex Smartspace Dishwasher Basket for a thorough cleaning to be ready for the next trip.
Win a Playtex Bottle Tote & Dishwasher Basket!
What are your diaper bag essentials? Do you carry a full diaper bag or use your purse? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Playtex Baby. All opinions are authentic and my own. Please see my disclosure policy.