Last week was Letter P Week, and we had so much fun learning about PUPPIES, having PICNICS, and even making PIZZA! We had lots of fruit in the fridge that needed eaten up and a Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Mix in the cupboard, so we made a YUMMY FRUIT “P” PIZZA. Here’s the “How-To”…
- Mix the sugar cookie mix according to directions. Spread into two large circles (or however many you’d like). Bake according to mix directions. (Our cookies didn’t end up being very circular, but it didn’t matter.)
- Mix one can (we used a little less) of store-bought buttercream frosting with a couple tablespoons of berry yogurt to thin it for easy spreading. (We used one tube of Yoplait Simply Go-Gurt.)
- Help the little ones use a spoon to spread the frosting on the circular cookie “pizza crust.”
- Encourage the kids to use the back of a spoon to write a big letter “P” in the frosting.
- Have the little ones place berries along the letter “P” and different ones around it as “pizza toppings.” (We also used up some gumdrop candies we had around!)
- Watch them lick their fingers and sneak berries along the way!
7. EAT and ENJOY!!!
Happy to be linking to Muffin Tin Monday and Show & Tell.
Aweseome, Krissy! I would love for you to come over and share this in my Red, White and BLue link up! Your kids are so cute. Don't you just love them in the kitchen? My kids are all teens so we still have good times but not as much because they are all so busy!
Krissy @ B.Inspired says
Thanks a bunch for visiting and for the warm comments, everyone! I wasn't really sure if it counted as a MTM, but thought I'd throw it in the mix anyway, since the kids ate so much out of the tin! lol
Yum! Aren't those fruit pizzas great!
Looks like so much fun and so yummy too! Great meal!
JDaniel4's Mom says
What a fun idea! Love all the fruit!