J.C. started teething at around 3 months old. Just last week, at 6 months old, he cut his first two teeth. Needless to say, it’s been a long 3 months. And I know the teething fun is just beginning.
Every baby experiences and deals with teething differently. Here are some tips worth trying for your little one…
6 Tips to Soothe a Teething Baby
- Skip the Orajel. I know how tempting it is, but the FDA issued a warning explaining the dangers of the benzocaine in oral anesthetics for babies. It’s not worth the risk.
- Try Natural Teething Remedies. There are natural alternatives to these oral anesthetics in nearly every drug store now. Hyland’s Homeopathic Teething Tablets have really helped my babies.
- Freeze Some Baby-Friendly Food. My little guy isn’t doing finger foods yet. But if yours is, letting them munch on baby-friendly frozen food pieces might help. Kim from Adventures in Reading with Kids uses frozen waffle pieces for her little one.
- Try a Frozen Cloth. Baby might also like the texture of cloth on their gums. Try wetting and freezing a washcloth like Carolyn from Pleasantest Things does.
- Give a Gum Massage. J.C. is happiest when daddy just uses his fingers to rub and massage his gums.
- Try a Wooden Teether. My grandma used to swear by giving her babies an old fashioned wooden clothes pin to teeth on. I’m pretty nervous about the shape of that, but I think she was onto something regarding the wood. J.C. definitely prefers wooden teethers to other materials.
Our wooden teething toy from Nihama is our safer alternative to Grandma’s wooden clothes pin. It’s round wooden beads (that are really, really well secured) are the perfect shape to gnaw on. And the ring shape makes it easy to hold for little hands. The colorful crochet covered beads allow a different texture for baby’s teething gums. A couple of wooden rings make a soft rattle when baby shakes the toy. And not that it matters too much, but it looks so much more stylish for mama than those generic plastic teething rings.
Giveaway for Wooden Teething Baby Toy
Jana from Nihama has been so kind to offer a giveaway for one wooden teething toy in your choice of color to one lucky reader. It’s super easy to get multiple entries. Just enter below…
If you like this, get lots more by signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Ta-Da Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Show & Tell Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Happy Lil Hearts Are Baking, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Show & Share Saturday, and Link & Learn Sunday.
*This is a sponsored post and giveaway. Please feel free to read my disclosure.