Thanksgiving Snack for Kids
When I saw the Thanksgiving Peanut Butter Turkeys at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, I just knew we had to make our own Thanksgiving snack turkeys. Here’s what I came up with for a fun Thanksgiving snack for kids to make using snack cakes and wholesale candy.
Turkey in the Straw Thanksgiving Snack for Kids
Here’s what we used…
- Little Debbie’s Cloud Cakes
- pretzel sticks
- candy peanuts
- Reese’s Pieces
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting (or other frosting or peanut butter)
- Easy Writer Food Decorator Pens
Here’s what we did…
1. Cut the snack cake in half (or not, the kids left their cakes whole) and place on a plate.
2. Dip one end of a pretzel stick in the frosting and stick the other end into the rounded end of the snack cake. Repeat with 4 or 5 more pretzels. These will become the turkey’s feathers.
3. Press Reese’s Pieces onto the frosting on the end of the pretzel stick “feathers.”
4. Use some frosting to attach a candy peanut to the snack cake for the turkey’s head.
5. Cut an orange gumdrop into a triangle beak and use frosting to attach it to the candy peanut.
6. Use a Food Writer Pen to make two little dots for eyes on the candy peanut.
7. Break a pretzel stick in half and press each half into the bottom of the snack cake for the turkey’s legs.
8. Add a handful of pretzel sticks below the turkey for straw. ENJOY!
The kids had so much fun making these Thanksgiving snacks. Wouldn’t it be fun to have a Thanksgiving snack for kids to make at your holiday or school party? Make sure to buy wholesale candy for a better deal if you’re planning to make them with a group.
Have you ever made any special Thanksgiving snacks for the kids? What are your favorite Thanksgiving treats?
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!