Thanksgiving Snack for Kids
When I saw the Thanksgiving Peanut Butter Turkeys at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, I just knew we had to make our own Thanksgiving snack turkeys. Here’s what I came up with for a fun Thanksgiving snack for kids to make using snack cakes and wholesale candy.
Turkey in the Straw Thanksgiving Snack for Kids
Here’s what we used…
- Little Debbie’s Cloud Cakes
- pretzel sticks
- candy peanuts
- Reese’s Pieces
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting (or other frosting or peanut butter)
- Easy Writer Food Decorator Pens
Here’s what we did…
1. Cut the snack cake in half (or not, the kids left their cakes whole) and place on a plate.
2. Dip one end of a pretzel stick in the frosting and stick the other end into the rounded end of the snack cake. Repeat with 4 or 5 more pretzels. These will become the turkey’s feathers.
3. Press Reese’s Pieces onto the frosting on the end of the pretzel stick “feathers.”
4. Use some frosting to attach a candy peanut to the snack cake for the turkey’s head.
5. Cut an orange gumdrop into a triangle beak and use frosting to attach it to the candy peanut.
6. Use a Food Writer Pen to make two little dots for eyes on the candy peanut.
7. Break a pretzel stick in half and press each half into the bottom of the snack cake for the turkey’s legs.
8. Add a handful of pretzel sticks below the turkey for straw. ENJOY!
The kids had so much fun making these Thanksgiving snacks. Wouldn’t it be fun to have a Thanksgiving snack for kids to make at your holiday or school party? Make sure to buy wholesale candy for a better deal if you’re planning to make them with a group.
Have you ever made any special Thanksgiving snacks for the kids? What are your favorite Thanksgiving treats?
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!