This post is sponsored by Kraft. All opinions are authentic and my own. See my disclosure policy.
Make Pasta Salad FUN for Kids (and MOM!)
Pasta salad is pretty popular around here once Spring and Summer arrive. It’s perfect for a family picnic or party and even as a simple evening side. And it’s so simple for the kids help make, too. Here’s how we made ours more fun for the kids using some Kraft Zesty Italian Anything Dressing and a star cookie cutter…
Silly Star Pasta Salad with Kraft Zesty Italian
- (1) container of spiral vegetable pasta, cooked
- (2) baby cucumbers
- (1) 7 ounce package of sliced sharp cheese
- (1/2) 6 oz. package of sliced turkey pepperoni
- (1) red bell pepper diced
- (1/4) white onion diced
- (1) 16 oz. bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian Anything Dressing
- Little helper hands ready to dump and stir!
This pasta salad is ALMOST too simple to even have “steps!”
- Prep as much ahead of time as possible to make things smooth for the kids. Have the pasta cooked and drained, the bell peppers diced, and the onion diced, too.
- Carefully a few tiny strips out of the cucumber peel along the length of the cucumbers. Then cut the cucumber into rounds, and they should look somewhat like stars or flowers. The kids will think it’s magic! (Just watch their tiny fingers while cutting.)
- Use a small star shaped cookie cutter to cut stars out of the cheese slices and the sliced pepperoni. Priscilla loved helping with the cheese, but the pepperoni was a little harder, so I did those.
- Here’s where the kids come in: Dump it all in a big bowl!
- Let the little one(s) pour that entire bottle of Zesty Italian in and stir it all up.
- DONE! Simple, colorful, silly, full of veggies, and FUN!
NOW… A Little Zest for The MAMAS!
(Safe for “work,” but maybe a little cheeky for the kiddos…)
When you’re done making your pasta salad with the kids, take a break, Mama, and watch (and enjoy!) this cheeky video of the Zesty Man! Then head over to Let’s Get Zesty to send a personalized ZestyGram of the steamy Zesty Man to all your girlfriends that need a little zesty break, too.
A Zesty Italian Giveaway
Kraft has offered one lucky mama reader her very own bottle of zesty Italian perfume (think Versace or similar)! (To add a little zest in other areas besides the cooking, maybe?) Enter here…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!