Looking for Some Family Traditions for New Years?
I think holidays are the perfect time to celebrate family and create new memories with family traditions. But I’m honestly usually so tired out after Christmas that I have neglected New Years Eve and New Years Day. So I thought I’d go to my blogging mama friends for some inspiration. Here are their favorite family traditions for New Years…
Alright Mamas, What Are Your Favorite Family Traditions for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day?
1. Make Gingerbread Houses – “Growing up, we always decorated gingerbread houses on New Year’s Eve instead of before Christmas. It’s a fun way to spend those late night hours!” MaryAnne of Mama Smiles
2. Make a Family Vision Board – “We will be making a family vision board with pictures from old magazines about what we want for our family for the upcoming year. Where we want to go, what activities we want to, the general feeling we want in our home.” Brittany of Play Learn Love
4. Make a New Years Video Interview – “This year, we will be filming the kids answering a few questions. Next year, we will watch this year’s videos back and record new ones (answering the same questions). I think this will be a new years eve family tradition that becomes more fun each year we do it!” Gude of Hodge Podge Craft
5. Make a Family Focus Collage – “Last year, our kitchen wall looked so dull after we’d taken down our paper cup advent calendar – I wanted to get something fun and colourful up right away. On New Year’s Day we talked about the fun things we had in store this year and what we are looking forward to as a family. Then [we made a] new year family focus collage.” Gude of Hodge Podge Craft
7. Watch a New Years Movie – “We always watch Rudolph’s Shiny New Year [and] pop holiday crackers throughout the day.” Jacquie of Edventures with Kids
8. Take a Family Photo – “If you start while they are little and take [a family picture] every year, it will not only become a fun tradition but a sweet keepsake memory too!” Alida of The Realistic Mama (Here are more New Year’s Traditions especially for Baby from Alida, too!)
10. Have a Fancy Dance Party & Replay the Ball Drop – “We will dress up in our ‘fancy’ dresses and play clothes. Then we will replay the New Year countdown and ball drop. We’ll use our noisemakers and have a bit of a dance party.” Shaunna of Fantastic Fun and Learning
More Family Traditions from B-Inspired Mama:
Do you have any special family traditions for New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day? Share them in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Wait. Don't miss anymore fun!
Sign up for the FREE newsletter to get easy ideas - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting tips - right in your inbox!