Make a Hair Bow More Fun
We’ve had this pale pink hair bow headband since Priscilla was just a little one, but it wasn’t used much anymore. Priscilla seems to prefer a little more pizazz than just a standard pink headband nowadays. So I decided to jazz it up a bit with a sparkly flower embellishment. Here’s how I did it…
Embellished Hair Bow Tutorial
- PSA Essentials Rossetas Peel & Stick Stamps
- PSA Essentials Black Ink
- PSA Essentials Self-Inking Stamper
- colored pencils
- white card stock
- cloth and ribbon girls’ headband
- wax paper
- Mod Podge Podgeable Acrylic Circle Shape
- Mod Podge
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Glitter Silver
- Epoxy Adhesive
1. Using the PSA Essentials stamps and ink, stamp a flower onto the white cardstock.
2. Color the flower stamp with colored pencils (or markers).
3. Place the acrylic circle over the flower and trace around it with a pencil.
4. Cut out the circle around the flower.
5. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the acrylic circle. Place the acrylic shape, Mod Podge side down, onto the flower card stock circle. You should be able to see the flower through the clear acrylic circle. Turn it over and paint a layer of Mod Podge over the card stock circle. Place dry side down on wax paper and let dry.
6. Add a layer of Dimensional Magic to the acrylic side of the circle. Use the tip of the applicator to spread the Dimensional Magic evenly and pop any bubbles. It will be cloudy until dry. Let dry overnight.
7. Use epoxy adhesive to adhere the flower embellishment to the center of the headband bow.
Aside from the drying time, this was super easy and quick to make. It would make a perfect homemade stocking stuffer for any little girl.
Do you have any clever parenting tips or fun kids’ activities? I’d love to share them with my readers. Just contact me for more information!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!