Make a Game for Number Learning
My kids and I love board games and have quite a growing collection of games. But sometimes it’s hard to find store-bought games that are simple enough for my Priscilla (age 3), fun enough for my Sawyer (age 5), and educational for both of them. So I decided to make a game for them to practice simple number recognition.
Supplies for DIY Board Game:
- white and red card stock
- scissors or paper trimmer
- PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps, Treeo (for the circle border)
- PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps, Funky Numbers
- PSA Essentials 2-Color Ink Pads
- Sharpie Marker
- Elmer’s Glue Stick
- small plastic toys for game pieces
Steps to Make a Game:
- Lightly sketch a random path on the white card stock with a pencil.
- Stamp the number circles along the pencil path. Make sure to leave the first and last circles empty.
- Use a marker to write “START” in the first circle and “FINISH” in the last circle.
- Trim the red card stock to just a couple inches larger than the white card stock.
- Use the glue stick to adhere the white card stock game board to the red card stock base, leaving a border around the edges.
- Find some fun little toys for game pieces and a dice and PLAY!
To Play: Children take turns rolling the dice and moving their game piece toys to the corresponding numbers along the path on the game board. The child who makes it to the finish circle first WINS!
You could use any circle stamps or stickers for the spaces on your game board, but the PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamps made this such a quick and simple project. For great deals and giveaways follow PSA Essentials on Facebook and find more creative stamping ideas on the PSA Stamp Camp Blog.
If you were to make a game for your kids, what would it be like?
Do you have any clever parenting tips or fun kids’ activities? I’d love to share them with my readers. Just contact me for more information!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Parenting Party, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!