A Kids Fingerprint Craft Perfect for Mother’s Day!
What’s every mom’s favorite gift for Mother’s Day? A kids fingerprint or handprint craft, of course! These cute kids fingerprint magnets were made awesome with some colorful Apple Barrel paint and washable Mod Podge Washout for Kids. Check it out…
This post is sponsored by Apple Barrel & Mod Podge. Please see my disclosure policy.
Kids Fingerprint Flower Magnets
- Apple Barrel Acrylic Craft Paint
- paint brushes
- wooden squares and/or circles
- ink pads
- Mod Podge Washout for Kids
- metal magnetic clips and/or small round magnets
- quick dry craft glue
- Have the kids help paint one side of the wooden shapes with Apple Barrel paint. Let dry. Flip over and paint the other side. Let dry. (This paint is so good; it only took us one coat for each side!)
- Have the kids use the ink pads to make their fingerprints on the painted wooden shapes. Let dry.
- Use the back of a paint brush and the Apple Barrel paint to add colorful dot flower petals, leaves, and a stem to transform each fingerprint into a colorful flower. Let dry.
- Have the kids help seal the wooden shapes by painting on one coat of Mod Podge Washout for Kids. (Yep, let them help; it’s WASHABLE!) Let dry.
- Use the quick dry glue to adhere the wooden shapes to the magnet clips and/or round magnets. Let dry over night.
- Gift to mom for Mother’s Day with a love note clipped in!
Priscilla loved the bright Spring colors of the Apple Barrel paint. And I loved how it only took one quick coat to make bright magnets. And the Mod Podge Washout rocks because it’s completely kid-safe and washable! So Priscilla could help with nearly all of this project. You can find Apple Barrel Paints and Mod Podge Washout at Michael’s if you’d like to try it.
Have you ever done any kids fingerprint crafts with your kids? Grab some Apple Barrel Paint and Mod Podge Washout and get to it, Mama!
More Flower Crafts from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This post was written as part of a campaign with The Blueprint Social. All opinions are my own. Please see my disclosure policy.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!