Healthy Packed Lunch Ideas for Back to School!
Who else is exhausted just thinking about packing school lunches? It’s so frustrating to me to find foods that my picky eaters like that are also easy to pack and healthy, too. I usually just end up sticking with the classic and easy PB&J. But that can’t be all of course. So then I have to come up with packable snacks to go with it. Well Green Giant™ has got us covered with at least one option this school year with their new Veggie Chips. And the awesome B-Inspired Blogger mamas have some more great packed lunch ideas for us, too…
Packed Lunch Ideas for Kids
- Vegetables & Hummus – “We buy mini humus packs from Costco and I throw in a baggy of carrots.” Allison of The House of Hendrix
- Homemade Trail Mix – “Another idea we do is combing leftover cereal, with pretzels, nuts, raisins, seeds in a big container for a ready to go trail mix.” Allison of The House of Hendrix
- Yogurt – “We use mini-ice packs to keep yogurt cool and yummy to eat.” Sheila of Pennies of Time
- Granola Bars – “Kids [granola] bars are a go to quick on the go snacks for us.” Jaime of Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
- String Cheese – “We couldn’t live in our home without conveniently prepackaged string cheese! A simple protein snack ready to go.” Krissy of B-Inspired Mama
- Fruit Pouches – “Goblin loves fruit puree pouches, and they are just fruit, no added sugar.” The Monko of Taming the Goblin
- Apple Slices – “I love slicing apples and dipping them in lemon juice or pineapple juice. The juices help to prevent browning so you can prepare them up to a couple days in advance and still have fresh fruit when you want on the go.” Leah of Simple. Home. Blessings.
- Peanut Butter or Almond Butter Dip – “Sliced apples with a ‘dip’ is one of his favorites! Right now he likes almond butter for his dip.” Sheila of Pennies of Time
- Raisins & O’s – “We love raisins and [cereal] o’s (sometimes mixed together).” Jennifer of The Good Long Road
- Breakfast Cookies – “Our healthy breakfast cookies also work well as on the go snacks.” Jennifer of The Good Long Road
- Almonds – “My kids and I both love cocoa or cinnamon almonds and plain almonds, too. We buy them pre-packed or make our own snack mix with them.” Krissy of B-Inspired Mama?
Are CHIPS Really a Healthy Packed Lunch Idea?!
Green Giant™ Veggie Snack Chips are! We’ve loved Green Giant™ Veggie Chips since we were sent some a couple months back, so we were happy to get to try their two new flavors, too: Green Giant™ Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in Garden Ranch flavor and Green Giant™ Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips in Barbecue flavor. Honestly, we can’t even pick favorites. We really loved them both. Even my traditional chip lover, Priscilla, loves them just as much as (if not more than!) any other chip she’s had. Plus they’re made with REAL vegetables, so they’re pretty nutritious. So this mama’s glad to have another healthy option to go along with those good old PB&Js in the school lunch box.
What healthy snacks do you pack in your kids lunch boxes? Share your packed lunch ideas in the comments below!
More Fun Food for Kids from B-Inspired Mama:
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!