Kids Valentine Craft
We’re in full swing with our Valentine crafting around here. The kids are having a blast! The other day we did their favorite Valentine craft yet: marbled hearts strung into a garland. Here’s how to do it…
Marbled Heart Garland Valentine Craft
- table covering (we used parchment paper)
- cookie sheets or wide cardboard boxes
- shaving cream
- a towel for wiping hands
- watered down paint in at least 2 colors (we used some finger paint we had on hand)
- paint brushes
- white cardstock
- a credit card or square of stiff cardboard for a scraper
- hole punch
- Fold the cardstock and cut out hearts of various sizes. Set them aside.
- Squirt a layer of shaving cream on the cookie sheet(s) and let the kids have fun using their hands to spread it out into a (approximate 1″) smooth layer. (Have a towel handy for quick hand cleanup.)
- Dribble some of the paint (watered down just enough to pour) onto the shaving cream.
- Have the kids use the back of a paintbrush to swirl the colors into the shaving cream to make a marbled effect. Make sure to stop before the colors mix together in too much.
- Place a cardstock heart down onto the shaving cream, making sure all of the heart presses onto the cream.
- Lift the heart off of the shaving cream and set aside (leaving the excess shaving cream on it) for a few minutes.
- Continue with the other hearts.
- Use the credit card (or cardboard square) to “squeegee” the shaving cream off of the hearts. The swirled (or “marbled”) paint colors should remain on the heart. Set hearts aside to dry.
- Throw the kids in the tub with the messy shaving cream cookie sheets and brushes to let them have fun while cleaning them (optional, but really fun!).
- When the hearts are dry, punch holes in them and string them into a garland. Tada: a beautiful Marbled Heart Valentine Garland!
Have you done a Valentine craft with the kids yet? What is your favorite Valentine craft?
If you like this, get lots more by signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Contest Corner, Made by Me Monday, Just Something I Whipped Up, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Frugal & Fabulous Giveaways, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, Give It Away Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, It’s Playtime Thursday, Thursday Giveaway Linky, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Bonggamom’s Friday Finds, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Freebie Friday, Pin It Friday, Show & Share Saturday, Share it Saturday, Super Saturday Giveaway Link-up, The Sunday Showcase, The Sunday Parenting Party, Around the Blogosphere, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This post may have affiliate or sponsored links. Please see my disclosure policy.