I’ve used Mod Podge for arts and crafting for years. But I’ve never braved using the sometimes-messy decoupage technique with my young kids. When I received a box of new goodies from Mod Podge a few weeks ago, I was beyond excited to see Mod Podge Wash-Out for Kids. So I got the kids involved in making a fun Haunted House for Halloween. Here’s what we did…
Halloween Haunted House Kids Craft
Unfinished Cardboard House (I found mine at Hobby Lobby.)
Black Spray Paint
Halloween Scrapbooking Paper
Wash-Out for Kids Mod Podge
Mod Podge Antique Matte
Mod Podge Glitter Gold Dimensional Magic
Dimensional Halloween Stickers
Battery Operated Candle Light
1. Paint the cardboard house with black spray paint.
2. Tear the scrapbooking paper into small pieces and strips.
3. Use the foam brushes to apply the Wash-Out for Kids Mod Podge to the house, apply the paper, then apply the Mod Podge over the paper to adhere the random paper pieces to the entire outside of the house. Let dry.
4. Apply two coats of Antique Matte Mod Podge to the outside of the house. Let dry between coats and before moving on to next step.
5. Use Mod Podge Glitter Gold Dimensional Magic to add dimensional glittery details around your house’s windows, doors, and roof. Let dry overnight.
6. Add fun dimensional Halloween stickers and put the battery operated candle inside to finish.
Honestly, letting the kids use the Mod Podge wasn’t nearly as messy as I’d expected. The kids loved it. And what mess was made was easily cleaned up with soap and water. They are so proud of their Haunted House. It’ll be a great Halloween decoration to put out and admire each year.
Have your kids been doing any Halloween crafts?
Do you have any clever parenting tips or fun kids’ activities? I’d love to share them with my readers by having you guest post. Just contact me for more information!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up for B-Inspired Mama’s Newsletter. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!
I love to link up with: Thrift Share Monday, Made by Little Hands Monday, Learning Laboratory Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tip Toe Through Tuesday, Tuesday Tots, Tip Me Tuesday, Get Your Craft on Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, Sugar & Spice Wednesday, Kids Get Crafty Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesdays, Happy Lil Hearts Are Baking, It’s Playtime Thursday, What Are Little Boys Made of Thursday, The Weekly Kids Co-op, Read Explore Learn Friday, For the Kids Friday, Kitchen Fun and Craft Friday, Show & Share Saturday, The Sunday Parenting Party, and Link & Learn Sunday.
This was a sponsored post. Please read my disclosure here.
Find more great projects using Mod Podge here: