A Fun Kids Craft for Halloween!
I’ve used Mod Podge for arts and crafting for years. But I’ve never braved using the sometimes-messy decoupage technique with my young kids. When I received a box of new goodies from Mod Podge a few weeks ago, I was beyond excited to see Mod Podge Wash-Out for Kids. So I got the kids involved in making a fun Haunted House for Halloween. Here’s what we did…
Halloween Haunted House Kids Craft
- Unfinished Cardboard House (I found mine at Hobby Lobby.)
- Black Spray Paint
- Halloween Scrapbooking Paper
- Wash-Out for Kids Mod Podge
- Foam Brushes
- Mod Podge Antique Matte
- Mod Podge Glitter Gold Dimensional Magic
- Dimensional Halloween Stickers
- Battery Operated Candle Light
1. Paint the cardboard house with black spray paint.
2. Tear the scrapbooking paper into small pieces and strips.
3. Use the foam brushes to apply the Wash-Out for Kids Mod Podge to the house, apply the paper, then apply the Mod Podge over the paper to adhere the random paper pieces to the entire outside of the house. Let dry.
4. Apply two coats of Antique Matte Mod Podge to the outside of the house. Let dry between coats and before moving on to next step.
5. Use Mod Podge Glitter Gold Dimensional Magic to add dimensional glittery details around your house’s windows, doors, and roof. Let dry overnight.
6. Add fun dimensional Halloween stickers and put the battery operated candle inside to finish.
Honestly, letting the kids use the Mod Podge wasn’t nearly as messy as I’d expected. The kids loved it. And what mess was made was easily cleaned up with soap and water. They are so proud of their Haunted House. It’ll be a great Halloween decoration to put out and admire each year.
Have your kids been doing any Halloween crafts? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!
If you like this, get lots more by signing up to get B-Inspired Weekly right in your inbox. And follow B-Inspired Mama on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest! Also check out these link ups where B-Inspired Mama loves to share and find inspiration!
This was a sponsored post. Please read my disclosure here.
Want to Be a More Creative Mama?
Who doesn't?! Get the latest inspiration - from kids crafts to learning fun to family recipes to creative parenting - right in your inbox each week!