Inspiring Reads for Your Week Ahead…
It’s a new week, Mamas! Time to dust off the craziness of last week and start new – with some new encouragement for your week aheads! Here are my picks for quick reads for the week…
(And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Reads for This Week:
- 5 Spiritual Truths We Can Learn From Children – I have always believed that I learn more from my children then they learn from me.
“In the two and a half years I’ve been a parent, my two little boys have already taught me more than I could have ever imagined. The simplicity of these lessons run so profoundly deep at the same time — all without the use of words.”
- When Strangers Become Your People – LOVE this reminder of the true human spirit.
“Sometimes our people look different than we imagine. Sometimes they are only in our life for a train ride. But we need them to get us through the unexpected.”
- When I Think I Fail as a Mom – Don’t forget the lessons we learn from motherhood!
“This is the real lesson, isn’t it? The lesson of not judging ourselves. The lesson of not being so self-focused that we forget about actually parenting and let the obsession with an ideal of motherhood suck us down.”
- Love is Always Messy. Here’s How to Deal With It – Our love of our children is no exception. It’s messy and difficult, but so so rewarding.
“But there’s a secret: accept imperfect, messy love as such, and it will miraculously expand. Suck up the nectar and spit out the seeds with pleasure. There’s love in this very process.”
- 8 Battles I’m Letting My Toddler Win – “Choose Your Battles” has been one of my favorite parenting matras. We are knee deep in this with our little J.C. right now.
“I know that, with respect and patience, in a few months time we’ll come out of this tricky period with our strong mother-daughter bond intact. In the meantime, I’m doing my best to choose my battles, make age appropriate compromises, and take a few deep breathes every now and again.”
- Painting Bold Colors on My Pastel Faith – A story of how a child challenged her mother’s faith in a positive way.
“…I suddenly had a child who desperately needed me to show her why it was relevant to everyday life. She didn’t even know it, but she needed me to be a flesh-and-blood example of walking out faith courageously and consistently.”
Have Any Encouraging Blog Posts to Share? Add Them Here:
What great articles did you read last week? How do you find encouragement?