Encouragement for Your Busy Week Ahead!
Happy Monday, Mamas! It’s time for some quick reads to get your week off to a good start! Here are my favorite interesting and encouraging reads from last week…
(And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Reads This Week:
- Play Matters: Supporting Play Based Learning – “Play-based learning is often associated with being child-led; i.e. the power of play revolves around the child, using the the environment or context they are in and the resources available to them. However, the way adults intervene, (or knows when not to intervene) in children’s play, is a crucial factor in play-based learning.”
- 5 Steps to Finding Joy in the Chaos – “…without margins, there is no room for the unexpected, no room for the sick days or emergencies, no room for the surprises, and no room for joy. Create margins in your life so that you can enjoy the moments that come along and aren’t too busy to notice them.”
- 10 Things To Do Differently *Before* You Lose Your Temper – “I believe our God understands tired. He gets needing space. He’s lived the burnout of too many demanding hands all tugging at the same time. This Jesus-brother-human-maker who on the day when ‘so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat,’ said to his friends, ‘Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.’ Mark 6: 30-31.”
- I am a Ninja Mum by Night – I’ve played this role before: “As soon as Tweety Bird Toddler is in bed, I become a ninja. The trouble is, my husband is a FIFO worker and is away from home regularly. As you will read in the following account, which is a number of actual events combined into one, he hasn’t quite mastered the whole ninja by night thing… For this reason, he will now be referred to as Kung Fu Panda.”
- Dining at “McChurch” – Where We Went Wrong – “No, church is not a Sunday dining experience to enjoy until a hot new place opens up in town. Church is a family. And a family is made up of people. People who will continually say and do things that drive you crazy and push your buttons. People who will confound and disappoint you. Who will never completely understand you. But it is those same people who will be there when the world crashes in under your feet.”
Have Any Encouraging Blog Posts to Share?
What have you been reading lately? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!