Some Encouragement for Your Week Ahead!
Happy Monday! It’s time for some inspiring and encouraging reads to start your week off right! Here are my favorites from last week…
(And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Reads for This Week:
- How Being Not Quite Perfect Makes You a Good Parent – So true! “Losing my cool and yelling sometimes, admitting when I am tired and run down, not handling every situation perfectly – these things teach my kids that no one is perfect, that you can get angry or upset, make it right and then move on.”
- Making Time for Everything – A great reminder. And one simple tip to do it! “We don’t need to be absolutely present 100% of the time, but we should be totally present a little bit of the time.”
- The Flight of a Six Year Old – So hard to remember sometimes: “I have to remind myself that my parenting choices today will impact him for the rest of his life. With this in mind, I accept these opportunities to allow him to go through the struggles and become an active participant in his development of character…”
- Repeat This When You’re Feeling Mommy Guilt & Pressure – Solid advice! “When I begin to think, ‘Oh my goodness should I do that?…’ even though it had never occurred to me before, I evaluate my feelings. If I’m filled with peace and encouragement I take it as a sign that I can implement that in our home. If I feel guilty and heavy, I try to brush it off.”
- Things I Thought I’d Never Say – Just for laughs. And knowing you’re not alone! “‘Stop putting boogers on your nightstand!’ – I mean, not just a couple. Like an entire side of her nightstand is a shrine to booger-ville.”
- Happy Wife, Happy Life? Science Says to Cliche May Be True – Interesting. Forward this one to your husband! “Maintaining a solid marriage is difficult by any standard, but a new study out of Rutgers University suggests that the woman’s happiness is a better predictor of long-term, heteronormative marital bliss than the man’s satisfaction.”
Have Any Encouraging Articles to Share?
What have you been reading lately? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!