My Article Suggestions for Moms
I’m always coming across interesting and inspiring reads that I want to share with all of you. So I thought it was time to start; each Monday! Here are my favorite reads from the week for you to find some encouragement and inspiration for your week ahead! (And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
This Week’s Mama Read Suggestions:
- Parent on a Smartphone, With Almost No Guilt – Make me feel so much better: “My smartphone makes much of the life and work I love possible, especially during the summer.”
- Parent Like There’s No One Watching – Such an honest article: “My worst parenting moments, the ones I am least proud of, happened because I was trying to impress a bunch of strangers I’ll probably never see again.”
- Lies I Tell My Toddler – Funny. And true… “This is not, as our teenage selves suspect, due to any malicious desire to manipulate and deceive. Lying to our children is a goddamn necessity to make every day existence not only a harmonious as possible, but bearable.”
- 10 Things I’d Do Differently If I Were Brave Enough to Have Another Baby – I second this one: “I’d never let her touch my iPhone. And hopefully she wouldn’t spend half of her day trying to locate said iPhone.”
- Why We Should Get Rid of Their Toys – Interesting perspective: “Children use toys to pass their time, much like an adult uses a game of chess. It’s relaxing and fun. But when something important comes along, the game is forgotten. We have jobs to do. The real world wins.”
- How to Think of a Better Consequence When Mad – Great reminder: “The key with consequences is to make them logical. A poor consequence for writing on the walls would be spanking, taking away the child’s bike, or even ‘time out.’ These consequences have nothing to do with writing on the wall and really show mom/dad’s anger more than anything.”
Have Some Mama Reads to Share?
What have you been reading lately? What are your favorite article or blogs for finding parenting encouragement and inspiration? Do share in the comments below!