Some Inspiring Reads for Your Week!
Happy Monday, Mamas! It’s time for some inspiring and encouraging reads to start your week off right. Here are my favorites from last week and around the net…
(And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Reads for This Week:
- This is What Brave Means – YES! “Over time I have come to believe that brave does not mean what we think it does. It does not mean “being afraid and doing it anyway.” Nope. Brave means listening to the still small voice inside and DOING AS IT SAYS. Regardless of what the rest of the world is saying.”
- To My Third Daughter – So sweet: “…some things will never change, whether it’s my first baby or my third or fourth. The wonder in watching you grow and learn about the world is just as great.”
- 3 Lies That Cripple Your Mothering – “When we believe the Truth, we embrace the mindset that our children are on a journey, just as we are. Our timing is not their timing. We realize that our responsibility is to seek God as we raise our children and make choices that are in their best interest. Then, we leave the timing of the results to God. That’s scary and freeing at the same time.”
- Cherish the Little Years – A great reminder: “I won’t get to cut dinosaur shaped sandwiches forever. I won’t get to cuddle in my kids’ beds for stories & read Clifford the Big Red Dog for the 10th time that day. I won’t get to have afternoon dance parties, run through the sprinklers in the backyard, or tell silly stories about penguins in the car to keep my little ones awake.”
- Skimming the Cream – Great analogy for those precious moments: “…there was lots of ‘cream’ in our weekend. The full fat, really rich kind of cream. And while of course we had some milk that went sour, I’m going to try to tuck that behind me and use the cream in my coffee tomorrow morning.”
- You Might Be a Parent If… – For a laugh: “You can brown up some hamburger, fix someone a drink, and cut up some veggies all with a baby on your hip and a toddler or two flailing on the floor because you aren’t fast enough with the milk.”
Have Any Encouraging Reads to Share?
What have you been reading lately? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!