Inspiring Reads for Moms!
I’m always coming across interesting and inspiring reads that I want to share with all of you. So that’s just what I do; each Monday! Here are my favorite reads – for YOU, Mamas – to sneak in during your mama time this week. (And if you have any interest or inspiring articles from your blog to share – scroll on down and add them to the link party below!)
My Favorite Mama Reads of The Week:
- The “Calm Down Codeword” – LOVE this collaborative problem solving approach to parenting: “I suggested that we came up with a codeword together that both of us could use whenever the other one was getting angry. It would remind us how much we loved each other and we would stop and have a cuddle to calm down before working out what to do about the problem.”
- Don’t Wind Them Up – A clear case for the “winder-uppers.” “It’s quiet and peaceful, and Nella looks at me with this precious twinkle in her eye that—yes—could be saying, ‘Goodnight, Mom,’ but could also be translated as “one more fun, please,” the latter which, of course I’m going to hear because—duh, unicorn. So in the dark, we sing the newly memorized words to ‘All About That Base.'”
- Raining Gumballs: A Story of Hope – “She didn’t judge. She didn’t stare. She didn’t even tell me all the things I should be doing. Instead, she just offered a simple ‘gumball’! A simple ray of hope and promise. A simple statement of understanding. ‘It will be okay. I am a good mom.'”
- Never Apologize for Kids Being Kids – So true: “…there’s no denying the presence of a shared value that children need to act like adults when they’re out, and anything less than that is unacceptable. And worse, a reflection on the parents. And we all feed into it because when someone says your kids are so well-behaved it feels good.”
- 10 Things All Good Moms Have in Common – YES! This one’s funny (and so true!), too: “Moments of Temporary Insanity – Screaming children, 1000s of dirty diapers, toys all over the floor, preparing multiple meals a day, trying to convince the kids to eat… any/all of these things are enough to cause moments of temporary insanity in even the most calm of mothers! All mamas have those moments, don’t let them make you feel like you aren’t rockin’ this whole “motherhood” thing.”
Have Some Mama Reads to Share?
What have you been reading lately? What are your favorite books or blogs to read? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!